Portable Wi-Fi routers are usually used to stay connected while one is on the move. Staying connected while one is on the move can be very painful. However, it is essential for one to stay connected especially if you work online, get in touch with your loved ones or even play online games. Many manufacturers are currently coming up with various Portable Wi-Fi routers so to get rid of all these issues. Whether you are in the hotel, airport or even public places, the portable Wi-Fi routers are an excellent way to the devices you have connected and also secure. Here are the best portable Wi-Fi routers in the year 2019.
Check this out if you are also looking for : BEST NETWORK SWITCH IN 2019 – TOP CHOICES
- 1 Best Portable Wi-Fi Routers Recommend
Best Portable Wi-Fi Routers Recommend
Portable Wi-Fi Routers
8. EnGenius 5GHz AP
Have you always wanted to stay connected while you are on the move? Portable Wi-Fi routers are all that you need to stay connected during the trip. These portable Wi-Fi routers are ideal while staying in a place which does not have a very reliable wireless internet.
• Convenient: The included passive 24v PoE adapter usually features a disconnect, a very short circuit, and surge protection which does protect valuable network equipment from the power surges.
• 5GHz for a minimal interference: A well dedicated 5 GHz with the 80211.n bridge helps in avoiding any interference from the multiple 2.4 GHz wireless signals.
• Extreme distances even in the extreme weather: It has a design which performs even in the harsh weather conditions. It can be able to withstand harsh outdoor climates as well as the indoor industrial environments.
• Strong wireless performance over the broad distances: The robust point to point as well as point to multipoint do create a very dependable network across the distances.
• Long wireless range P2P surveillance network: Connect a surveillance camera to the secondary port and be able to utilize the long-range connectivity to send the surveillance video back through the wireless network for extended coverage.
• Voltage: 24 volts.
• Item weight: 1.8 pounds.
• Product dimension: 10.2 x 3.3 x 2.2 inches.
7. TRENDnet AC750
TRENDnet AC750 is excellent for the portable Wi-Fi routers. It is among the most powerful travel routers for those people who usually travel a lot. The wireless ISP mode gets to share one single password Wi-Fi connection with various users. Not Many Portable Wi-Fi routers get to plug directly into the outlet. Well, this one is plugged.
• Setup: Get it up and running with a limited period.
• Toggle switch: A very convenient external switch does set it to router mode to the repeater mode or even turns it off.
• Guest network: You can be able to connect the isolated network for the guest internet access only.
• Internet sharing: The router mode can share the wired connection and the WISP mode sharing the Wi-Fi connection with very many users.
• Item weight: 1.71 pounds.
• Product dimension: 6x 5 x 6 inches.
6. RAVPower FileHub Wireless Travel Router
With the file sharing, travel router, a power bank, this superb device is all you will need to include in the next trip. The SD card reader allows the photo or even videos from the SD/SDHX or SDHC, and you can share them wirelessly. RAVPower FileHub, among the portable Wi-Fi routers, can connect to the Google Chromecast.
• AP Mode: Plug in the Ethernet cable, and it is going to take the wired signal and later turn it into wireless.
• Router mode: When it is connected to the DSL or the cable modem, it can work like any regular router.
• Bridge mode: This connects the existing Wi-Fi network and gets to broadcast it as the new wireless signal.
• Wireless media sharing: You can wirelessly stream videos, be able to share the photos or even trade the files with a very secure local Wi-Fi network.
• Portable Router: You can be able to convert the wired network into the wireless one. It does support the static, dynamic IP and the PPPoE.
• Power Bank: You can extend the battery life of the smartphone or even tablet with the 600 mAh external battery charger.
• Item weight: 5.4 ounces.
• Product dimension: 3.8 x 2.1 x 1.1 inches.
5. TP-Link N300 Nano
Portable Wi-Fi router comes in the various sizes. This device is among smallest wireless router that we have in the market. It is very much easy to use it and is perfect for different kind of people including students, travelers and anyone who finds his life on the move. To meet all the wireless needs of almost everyone, you might have to encounter the various Operating system.
• Client and the access modes: It permits which device that needs the wired connection to be able to access the existing Wi-Fi network.
• Flexible Power Supply: This Portable Wi-Fi adapter can be powered using an included power adapter or even using the smartphone.
• At home: Get to extend the existing Wi-Fi which you have to improve and also maximize coverage.
• During travel: You can instantly create private wireless network with the multiple devices.
• Item weight: 7.2 ounces.
• Product dimension: 2.2 x 2.2 x 0.7 inches.
4. GL.iNet GL-AR150 Router
GL.iNet Portable Wi-Fi routers have been known to be an excellent choice for travelers who need to convert the wired network into wireless ones. It can be able to convert the wired network at the hotels or even offices to Wi-Fi with so much ease.
• Large storage and excellent extendibility: This router has a storage of 64 MB ram and the flash is 16MB that can be extended by the use of the external sticks. Mainly, there are two Ethernet ports, one UART and four GPIOs that is available for the hardware DIY.
• Wi-Fi Converter: In case you are still using the wired network at the hotels or even cafes, having this mini-router will help you to convert the wired network to a wireless one.
• Portable travel Mate: Not many portable Wi-Fi routers have been made in a way that you can carry them anywhere. This router is lightweight hence you can easily carry it anywhere you want.
• Programmable and open source: The OpenWRT is usually pre-installed and also backed with the repository of over 4000 software packages.
• Item weight: 1.6 ounces.
• Product dimension: 2.3 x 2.3 x 1 inches.
3. Huawei E5770s-320
Huawei E5770s-320 has earned its place among the best portable Wi-Fi routers as a result of the excellent features it has. It has a battery which only needs to be charged. After it is fully charged, it can be able to work for at least 20 hours nonstop. Also, it can supply power to the other devices with so much ease.
• Design: Wallet design of this device has been fashioned with the leather texture and the ornamental plating mid-frame. It is compact enough, and it can be able to fit in the pocket.
• It has been built with the Ethernet and 3G dual link and flexibility to support LAN/WAN auto direct.
• At the same time, the number of wireless users who can be able to access this router is ten.
• With this device, you can access the internet via the LTE/3G or the Wi-Fi. In case you are in areas which have Wi-Fi, it does switch to the Wi-Fi connection automatically.
• Power supply: It works as a power supply to the other devices including phone, tablets and the Bluetooth headsets.
• Item weight: 6.6 ounces.
• Product dimension: 5.6 x 3.5 x 4.1 inches.
2. HooToo Wireless Travel Router
In the market, not all the portable Wi-Fi routers can serve as a router and at the same time as a mobile charger. Interestingly, you can use this as a storage backup. The TripMate Titan can transfer the files between the multiple USB hard drives and the devices.
• AP Mode: Are you stuck with the network cable in the hotel? You can turn it into excellent wireless network for the tablet as well as smartphone.
• Router mode: When it is connected to the DSL or even Modem, TripMate turns to a regular wireless router.
• Bridge mode: You should never for multiple network connections. All you need is to activate bridge mode and then connect as well as share connection.
• Space Saver: Attach a USB flash drive or the hard disk to TripMate and go on to use the TripMate app to be able to transfer files to give you more space.
• Simultaneous media sharing: A maximum of five devices can at the same time access any of the connected USB storage.
• Chromecast Support: Are you unable to get the Chromecast onto hotel authentication network? Don’t worry. Connect it to the TripMate Titan, and you can have all the fun you want.
• Item weight: 8.8 ounces.
• Product dimension: 1.6 x 3.7 x 1.6 inches.
1. GL.iNet GL-AR300M Wi-Fi
Are you looking for portable Wi-Fi routers that are small and compact? GL.iNet is among the best portable Wi-Fi routers which stay connected all the time. Convert the public network to the Private Wi-Fi for secure surfing.
• Portability: This router is lightweight, portable and pocket-friendly. You can plug it into laptops, DC adapters, power banks for the power supply.
• Programmable and open source: OpenWRT is usually pre-installed and also backed with the repository of over 4000 software packages.
• Storage: Router has storages of 128 MB RAM and the 128 MB NAND flash that can be increased using the external USB sticks.
• Item weight: 1.44 ounces.
• Product dimension: 2.3 x 2.3 x 2.3 inches.
It is very important for one to understand that portable Wi-Fi routers are not hotspots. They do require an internet connection from the wireless service provider. Portable Wi-Fi routers serve as the Wi-Fi router in your home. They help in connecting the device you have to the public internet connection, and the device that you have can be able to share it. They aid in offering extra layer for protection and allows you to be able to build the private network anywhere that you want to travel with no need of a large home router.