Best GoPro Helmet Mount in 2021
Review of Best GoPro Helmet Mount
When you indulge in some outdoor activities, your hands are generally engaged in holding different kinds of stuff. In such cases, it is not possible to record your activities by your own hands. However, you may still need to record all your activities so that you can view them when needed. The GoPro camera can be used to record all your activities but the problem is how to hold the camera unit since your hands are occupied. One of the best solutions for this is to use the GoPro helmet mount. These types of the mount will attain a comfortable grip once your mount on your helmet. There will be no problems regarding instability or shaky recording.
When you decide to purchase mounts of these types, it is recommended to focus on some of the essential aspects. These include build quality, durability, design, portability, simplicity of setup, and many more. Once you go through the below section, you will be able to pick the appropriate GoPro helmet mount.
13. Full Face Helmet Chin Mount for GoPro
The full face helmet chin mount is specially designed for GoPro cameras and it can fit any full face helmet. It offers the required angle for unhindered POV footage. Taking a look at its manufacturing, it is being prepared from aircraft-grade aluminum, minicell foam, injection molded plastic, and nylon webbing. All these materials add to its durability. In most cases, it would be compatible with any GoPro style action camera. The GoPro helmet mount can conveniently attach and detach from any helmet and also offer the finest angle for POV shots.
- Easy access will provide to the mounted device.
- The corresponding chin mount shots would appear like they are filmed from your eyes. Hence, the viewers would attain the greatest lifelike experience.
- It can effortlessly fasten with an external mic positioned within the helmet.
You might be interested in Top 10 Best Action Cameras
12. GoPro Flat + Curved Adhesive Mounts
Found compatible with a broad range of flat and curved surfaces, this adhesive mount is made versatile. Basically, the mounts are offered in a 6-pack comprising of 3 mounts for flat surfaces and other 3 for curved surfaces. There no issues while attaching these mounts on boats, helmets, surfboards, and several other items. Secure adhesion to the camera surface and simplicity of convenience are is key traits.
- The 3M adhesive guarantees secure bonding.
- Its industrial-strength adhesive is waterproof.
- These mounts can easily detach by heating the adhesive bond using a hairdryer and subsequently peeling off the mount.
11. The Accessory Pro® Aluminum NVG Mount
For rigorous outdoor activities or any light adventurous activities, this aluminum made mount is a perfect choice. There would be usually no troubles while mounting it on your gear. The pack would include thumb screw, mount, and bolt. You may attach your GoPro camera to any helmet prepared with an NVG (Night Vision Goggles) plate.
- This NVG GoPro helmet mount is manufactured from CNC machined aluminum to guarantee durability.
- The ultra-compact mounting would save the space.
10. Super Visor Low Profile Under Visor Helmet Mount
The low profile of this helmet mount is its key trait. The lower placement than traditional helmet mounts makes sure you attain the smooth footage. Generally, this under visor GoPro helmet mount is uniquely designed for flat, peaked, and curved visors. Its low profile design is actually 7 mm lower than a GoPro sticky mount. Therefore, you could keep your visor lower. The steeze would stay tight with the camera concealed below your visor.
- High durability is conveyed by the use of Polycarbonate and this material is virtually unbreakable plastic resin.
- The built-in roost guard would defend the mount from snapping during a hit with roost debris. Hence, your GoPro camera would stay safe on your helmet and also off the track.
9. GoPro Vented Helmet Strap
Now you can effortlessly attach your GoPro to a vented bike, kayak, ski, or identical sports helmet. Being simple in operation and well-built, this vented helmet strap would firmly hold the camera unit. Capable to attach easily, you may need to pass through several trial and error attempts to settle on which hole locations suits the most for the mount. So, the GoPro camera unit will maintain a fixed position. It is known that the plastic block where the camera attaches is dense and firm.
- It can attach to any vented helmet.
- Facility of the adjustable strap allows easy and quick mounting.
- A single size would fit all helmets.
8. SUREWO Motorcycle Helmet Chin Mount
The SUREWO brand is acclaimed to provide many different outdoor accessories. At the offered price, all the offered accessories would justify its features. This motorcycle helmet chin mount is prepared from 4 joints and attached by a screw. It is possible to adjust the screw so you could swivel the joints. All joints can swivel 180 degrees.
- This chin style GoPro helmet mount comes with adhesive mounts and sticky pads. The adhesive mounts are segmented into flat and curved mounts. You may use them as per the circumstances.
- It comes with the industrial strength type waterproof sticky pads to facilitate the simple installation of the camera on the helmet.
- Dual protection can offer by installing a safety rope.
7. SUREWO Aluminum Ball Joint Mount
When you begin using this aluminum ball joint mount, you will admire its fine workmanship. SUREWO entirely made this mount by using rigid aluminum alloy casting with accurate CNC machining. Its sturdy body is made durable without any fear of deformation. It is known that its surface is sandblasted and specially treated by anticathode oxidation capable to enhance the anti-corrosion effect. It comes with high versatility to allow this mount to attach to bikes, cars, helmets, and boards.
- With the comprehensive mounting, the ball mount could be swiveled 360 degrees. Therefore, the users could realize the functionality of multi-angle and comprehensive shooting.
- Being efficient and simple to use, the ball joint could be attuned by the tightness of the screw.
6. TELESIN Helmet Chin Mount
Found to be working flawlessly, this helmet chin mount possesses a decent solid plastic frame. This frame is suitable for the quick release camera mount; also, the rubber pad is firm yet soft enough to maintain the camera in place. The overall design enables some air to flow around it in a proper manner. Also, it would entirely encompass your mouth vents. The mount can seamlessly work with full-face helmets. Telesin prepared it to appear elegant in any outdoor setting. It just weighs 33grams, so it feels lightweight when carried.
- The material combination used is polyester fabric and POM PVC plastic.
- A secure fit is employed through the quick-release mechanism.
- Use of industrial grade materials serves you with the potential to record in severe outdoor activities like diving, biking, or skydiving.
5. WLPREOE 37 in 1 Motorcycle Riding Helmet Chin Mount Accessories
With the superior Gopro helmet mount, you are assured of double security since it has adhesive anchors, camera tethers for double security. You can also install safety rope after connecting the camera; it provides dual protection.
You are also assured of a wide-angle of view because every joint can be rotated 180 degrees hence no straining during your ride.
- Industrial strength waterproof adhesive must install safe rope after installing the helmet mount well and make sure it is tightening up. It can provide extra security. Otherwise, the camera has a risk of falling, also easily be removed.
- The helmet chin mount is made up of 4 joints and connected by a screw; every joint can rotate 180 degrees, allowing you to place the camera right where it needs to be.
- A wrench can adjust all the screws except at the bottom; you need to use your screwdriver
4. Taisioner Bicycle Motorcycle Helmet Chin Mount Strap
Portability is one of the attributes on an excellent GoPro helmet mount. The product is of an ultimate lightweight of about 3.2 ounces. It is you to get comfortable during your ride.
The base middle comes with silicone material that could be effectively absorbed in your helmet directly. It makes it sturdy, stable, and not easy to shake, especially using a rotatable adapter.
- The direction and the angle is set to your needs, perfect camera angle for POV filming.
- It provides a more conveniently degree to get the video when used with a folding mount.
- Ideal fit for Shoei RF series (RF1100, RF1200, etc.) and bell qualifier helmets and other curved chin helmets(full-face helmet)
- Set stabilizing and high-quality videos
3. SUREWO Aluminum Motorcycle Helmet Chin Mount Compatible
The above GoPro helmet mount is incredibly stylish and very sturdy. Being made up of aluminium, you are sure of the durability. Apparently, due to its material, you may end up thinking that the helmet is heavy hence no comfort, but it is about 1- 3 grams heavier than the standard plastic.
Having a unique one-piece curved base mount to fit the helmet better can be separated then installed on the top of the helmet or another curved surface.
- Product structure where each component is suitable separately
- Multiple installation methods. You can install it on the side of the chin or remove the joints and mount the camera on top of the helmet with the helmet base mount only
- Safety rope buckle and adapter to ensure the safety of your camera. If your camera has a threaded hole, you can use the adapter to install it.
4. AxPower Motorcycle Helmet Chin Mount Kits for GoPro Hero
With this GoPro helmet mount, you can be sure of the quality shooting of videos with a helmet chin mount. It consists of an extension arm that swivel 180º. Consequently, you can adjust it to full range angles, such as forward visibility, rearward visibility, and blind area.
With an assurance of comfort, the product has a lightweight of 0.5 ounces since it has a plastic material. This multi-function helmet mount kit is a must-have GoPro accessory to bikers. It includes chin mount and J-Hook mount. So you can set your GoPro in three placements (chin of helmet, side of the helmet, or top of the helmet) to take video when you are riding.
- J hook mount. You can combine the J-hook mount with a curved mount to use it on the helmet or combine it with a flat-mount to use it on ski/skate/surfboards, kayak, and so on.
- Safety rope buckle. Must install safe rope after installing the helmet mount well, and make sure it is tightening up. It can provide extra security. Otherwise, the camera has a risk of falling.
- Adhesive pads that can attach on any surface thus tethers for double security.
1. YiePhiot Motorcycle Helmet Chin Mount Kits Compatible
It is probably the most cost-effective GoPro helmet mount. The multi-function helmet mount kit is must-have GoPro accessory to bikers. It includes chin mount and J-Hook mount. So you can set your GoPro in the chin of helmet, side of the helmet, or top of the mask to take video when you are riding.
You can adjust it to a wider angle, such as forward field of view, the backward field of view, and blind area because it has up to four joints with extension arm, which can swivel 180 degrees.
- J-hook mount. You can combine the J-hook mount with a curved mount to use it on the helmet or combine it with a flat-mount to use it on a kayak, ski, skate, and surfboards on.
- Safety rope clasps and wrenches. A safety cord is put after the camera is installed, which provides double protection. This wrench can adjust all the screws except the bottom screw; you need to use your screwdriver.
Mounting of action cameras is now greatly simplified through the GoPro helmet mount. Based on your convenience, you may mount your GoPro cameras in the desired alignment with a proper fit to shoot the outdoor activities.
For hand-free capturing of magnificent sceneries throughout your adventure, a GoPro helmet mount comes in handy. A GoPro is a small camera that takes the best qualities of points-and-shoots and camcorders and packs them into a rugged frame that is smaller, waterproof, and virtually indestructible. Usually, GoPro cameras are great for hands-free and point-of-view recording, but at times they can be mounted on a helmet if you are riding a motorbike. On the front side of the helmet, you can mount any GoPro, and with the included swivel mount assembly, you can adjust, rotate and aim without shaking or moving the camera. Below are the best GoPro helmet mounts in 2021.
Where do you mount a camera on a helmet?
On our day to day activities, one may need comfort to capture videos, especially during riding since that is where the helmet is fit. The significant event mostly is cycling and riding. Wearing a helmet helps in the safety of a rider since it records the journey and incidents from their point of view.
Regardless of which mount you pick for your surface, flat or curved, a cover for the mount is required. There are three most common places to mount a camera on a helmet; top, side, and chin mount. The top mount involves installing your camera on the top, centre, and front of the helmet.
Side mount gives you an off-centre field of view since it is at the sides, you will be able to see what is in your field of view with this configuration. Chin mount brings about a framed aerodynamic filming area since it gives you the best angle.
How do you attach a GoPro to a helmet?
Using your hand to capture an incidence is most likely to hinder a smooth shooting, especially if it is a quick event. Mounting a camera on the helmet will assist you in capturing unique camera angles. Depending on the type of material used, most of the GoPro mounts are adhesive and can be attached to any surface, whether curved or flat.
Attach the base of your mount since it is adhesive to any part of your helmet and give it 24 hours to adhere. After the mount is stable and sturdy, then you fix your GoPro camera unto the mount.
Is it safe to mount GoPro on the helmet, and why should you have it?
The number one use of a GoPro mount on a helmet is to reduce accidents caused due to divided attention during recording while riding. Yes, it is safe to mount a GoPro on your helmet as long as it is put correctly. Before you start riding, make three or four test runs so that you can identify the best place you will mount.
You should make an effort to purchase one because it tends to provide a way better shooting angles, convenient and safer than when mounted on the handlebars. They help in time-saving since they shoot a video while you race or ride as compared when on the handlebars where you have to adjust them upon movement or shaking.
You do not have to worry about acquiring the best GoPro helmet mount to get a fantastic racing video. The above discussed are some of the best GoPro helmets you can use during sporting, swimming, and hiking activities. However, it is essential to know the type of mask to use and under which circumstances. For instance, a GoPro helmet used for surfing is not the same as the one used for racing since the one for racing has waterproof qualities that shield it from water damage. Acquiring a GoPro helmet video will automatically improve your experience on motion videos as long as used and mounted correctly