A business firewall is a hardware as well as software for the network security from the malicious access from outside network. It usually comes with the hardware and the software based on network appliances. This is for a secured network from the outside attackers. In the market, several business firewalls can cater to various types of organizations, whether small or even big. With the many brands in the market, most businesses are not sure on the best business firewall that they should purchase in the market. To make that easier, here are the best business firewall in 2019.
What is a Firewall?
A firewall is a software and hardware which maintains the security of the private network. Firewalls block any unauthorized access from or to private networks. Mostly. they are utilized to prevent any unauthorized web users. In addition, they protect the illicit software from being able to gain any unauthorized access to the private networks which are connected to the internet. Mostly, a firewall can majorly be implemented using the hardware, software or even a combination of both. The firewall has always been recognized majorly as the first line of defense. This is especially when it comes to securing sensitive information. To ensure better safety, data should be encrypted.
The firewall uses two or even more methods. Here are some of the methods. Packet filtering: Packet filtering; firewalls get to filter packets which attempt to enter or even leave the network. In addition, they can either accept or even reject them, and this depends on predefined filter rules. Secondly, application gateway techniques do employ security methods that are applied to a certain application. This includes the Telnet and the file transfer protocol servers. Third; the circuit level gateway gets to apply these methods whenever a connection such as the Transmission Control Protocol has been established, and the packets begin to move.
Why Should We Use a Firewall?
So you may be wondering about the major reasons which may make you use a firewall. Well, here are some of the top reasons that will make you want to use Firewall:
To protect against unauthorized remote access: Among the worst things which can happen to the computer is in case someone gets to take control of your computer remotely. Getting to see the mouse moving around the monitor as remote intruder interferes with your digital kingdom. With the correctly configured firewall and the modern OS, you can be able to have the remote desktop access. Then, you can disable it and hence prevent the hackers from getting to take over the computer. It is important to note that this does block any remote control apps.
Blocking messages that link to the unwanted content: Interestingly, some people are still using Windows XP, and even worse, they are using it without a firewall. The internet has some bad code which traverses cyberspace and waits to pounce on the unprotected PCs. While the ISP can aid in preventing this, it is very much likely that they won’t be able to do so in the long term.
- Firewalls make online gaming safer.
- You can be able to block immoral content with a firewall.
Check this out if you are also looking for Best firewall for home
Best Business Firewall in 2019 that you should get it now!
Business Firewall Reviews
5. NETGEAR ProSafe FVS336G Firewall
NETGEAR ProSafe FVS336G is an excellent choice as a business firewall for the demanding business networks. It has excellent hardware-accelerated data flow architecture which allows for the 350 Mbps of the stateful firewall throughput. This very powerful VPN router has a very high performance and a network solution which furnishes the multidimensional security. It is essential to note that it includes the denial of service protection, logging, reporting, etc.
The VLAN support does allow you to be able to separate the guest traffic from the critical production servers. 4 Gigabit LAN ports do allow for the very high internal data transfer speeds. 2 Gigabit WAN port offers two modes of the session based load balancing and the failover protection. This guarantees maximum throughput and also reliable connectivity to internet.
- Design: It has a very simple grey design and a very good metal enclosure. This device can feel sturdy when it is placed on ground or even on the desk. On the front of this business, firewall is 4 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports. Also, 2 WAN Ethernet ports which have RJ-45 connectors. The back panel has a console port for connecting to the optional console terminal.
- Secure: NETGEAR ProSafe FVS336G allows for secure remote access. This is from the mobile workers with the SSL and the IPSec VPN tunnels. The SSL VPN tunnels offer clientless remote access to the corporate data for the individual access anywhere and anytime.
- Reliability: The Gigabit Ethernet WAN ports do support the cable or even the DSL broadband connections. Various modes with the Many WAN ports can be to operate in either the load balancing or even failover
- Easy to use: Auto detect connects to the ISP quickly. A very intuitive graphical user interface does allow for a very simple ongoing management.
- Connectivity technology: Wired.
- A number of the Ethernet Ports: Four.
- Item weight: 9.13 x 5.24 x 11.81 inches.
- Data Transfer rate: 1000Mb every second.
4. Zyxel [USG40] ZyWALL Firewall
An excellent business firewall is going to keep companies as well as customers private information very secure. This will prevent any issues which include identity theft, viruses, and hackers by shutting off any access to the network you have whenever necessary. With the USG40, the small offices, the remote sites as well as the retail outlets are going to enjoy robustly and the various secure VPN options.
The firewall inbuilt wireless controller helps in aiding deployment. This is for any additional wireless extensions for the office or even guest access.
- An integrated WLAN Controller: Integrated WLAN controller does support CAPWAP. It enables centralized authentication and also accesses management of the multiple APs in the network. USG can be able to manage 2 APs by default and when with a license upgrade, up to ten APs.
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention: Zyxel [USG40] utilizes the Deep Packet Inspection technology. This can be able to scan multiple layers as well as protocols to inspect the vulnerabilities invisible to the simple port and the protocol based firewalls.
- The Dual WAN and Mobile broadband: It can offer a very high internet uptime. This is with the dual WAN as well as the mobile broadband support. Dual WAN functions with 2 Ethernet WAN connections for the active, active load balancing or even active-passive
- Centrally manage up to eighteen (18) APs: As the Wi-Fi demands continue to grow, USG40 firewall is very fit to keep pace. The inbuilt WLAN controller ensures you can manage centrally two access points. This is by default, which can be upgraded to 18 access points hence you can support the BYOD environment efficiently.
- Design: The firewall does feature a fanless design. This ensures a noiseless operation as well as greater reliability over time with very few parts to be able to fail.
- Product Dimensions; 9 x 6 x 1 inches.
- Voltage: 12 Volts.
- Item weight: 2 pounds.
3. SonicWall | 01-SSC-0514
Dell SonicWall is a business firewall which is affordable, but at the same time, it performs very well. It has been suited any business which needs the enterprise-grade network protection. SonicWall TZ series firewalls offer broad protection with the advanced security services. It consists of the on-box and the cloud-based anti-malariated spyware, intrusion prevention system and the URL filtering.
TZ series has the processing power to be able to inspect the encrypted/TLS connections against the latest threats. When it is combined with the Dell X series switches, the selected series firewalls can be able to manage security of additional ports.
- Advanced Security: This business firewall offers full-featured security which does combine intrusion prevention, anti-spyware, gateway antivirus, anti-spam services, the content filtering and easy to use SonicWall TZ series firewalls.
- Reliable, fast and enhanced performance: With this business firewall, you can be able to examine the traffic for any threats without necessary slowing down the network using the RFDPI technology. The TZ series firewalls help to ensure bandwidth for critical business applications while at the same time blocking the unproductive applications.
- Broad and flexible remote access: It can offer the mobile users with the native VPN remote access clients for the iOS, Apple, Google, Windows, Linux, and Mac OS via the small business firewall.
- Easy to deploy: Get to enjoy the affordability and convenience of being able to deploy the TZ series appliance. It can combine hardware and all services for comprehensive network protection from spyware, viruses and many more before they can join the network.
- Secure Wireless Connectivity: You can enable high-speed wireless connectivity at business offices with high and superior performance and the excellent signal quality.
- Content Filtering: Address safety — productivity concerns and security issues with the controls to enforce internet
- Item weight: 1.85 pounds.
- Product Dimensions: 5.3 x 7.5 x 1.4 inches.
You might also be interested in our Best Wireless Access Points for Business
2. Sophos | XB1A1CSUS |
Sophos XG business firewall takes a very innovative approach across all the areas of network security. Looking at management of the firewalls, to how they can report details and how they get to work with the other security applications around them. This gives unprecedented level of simplicity and advanced threat protection. With the interface which eliminates the unnecessary complexity, it makes it possible to be able to use the powerful features with no need to become the IT expert.
The Sophos XG 105, has a very good design which makes the common firewall complaint a past. It is amazingly straightforward to be able to use it. Also it offers advanced network protection with a blistering performance.
- The advanced protection kept simple: Sophos does provide a very powerful unified policy model which allows you to be able to manage, filter, view and also sort all the user application and the network policies on the single screen.
- On box reports as well as policy templates: With very many hundreds of the inbuilt reports, you will exactly know what is happening with users and the network. With this business firewall, you can get reports as the standard, that is stored locally with none separate tools needed. The user Threat Quotient reports show which specific users are putting your security at risk.
- Performance: Sophos has been able to engineer XG105 Firewall to offer outstanding The appliances have been built making use of the Intel multi-core technology and the accelerated in memory content scanning.
- Patented Layer eight identity control: User identity gets to take enforcement of the whole new layer with the patented Layer eight identity-based policy technology making it possible for the user level controls over the applications. This takes the firewall policy to a whole new level.
- Security Heartbeat: The security Heartbeat links the endpoints and the firewall to combine the intelligence and also identify systems that have been compromised by the unknown threats. Heartbeat status has been integrated into the security policy setting to trigger actions at both network levels and endpoint to be able to isolate or even limit the access until systems are very healthy again.
1. WatchGuard WGT50001-US
WatchGuard WGT50001 is a superb choice for the business firewall. It has been engineered for a very fast and good internet connection. This device delivers enterprise-class protection from the malware for the small business and branch offices.
It has seven GigE ports and one Power Over Ethernet. This Port can power various peripheral devices such as Wireless access points. When it comes to the deployment of this business firewall, it is quite easy. It will be able to provide excellent visibility into the security events and the network activity with the real-time visibility tools including Fire Watch.
- Management of the security functions: An intuitive management console centrally gets to manage all the security functions.
- VPN choices Multiple VPN choices provides flexibility even in remote access.
- With the PoE choice, you can remove need to have the AC power running to the peripheral devices such as the security cameras and wireless access points.
- The application layer content inspection does recognize and also blocks the threats which stateful packet cannot be able to detect.
- Firewall for the small corporate: This is a business firewall which is suitable for companies with employees ranging from 25 to 50 users.
Selecting the best business firewall is not a fast job for a person who does not know when it comes to the network. Irrespective of the size of the business organization, there are some features which such business firewall should possess for it to work more effectively. Having best feature for a very strong firewall protects the network from hackers, malware as well as virus. The above list has some of the best business firewalls.