Years ago, people whizzed around on roller blades and skateboards. These days everyone is moving around on Off-Road Hoverboards or self-balancing scooter. The problem is the competition, and not all are equal. That is why we have selected some popular brands for you to look at.
These are the best options with excellent features, safety, ease of use, value for money, and more. Some you can use off-road while others are faster. No matter what needs you have, you will be whizzing around town as each one offers you precisely what you need. Check this out if you are also looking for Best Electric Scooters
- Best Off-Road Hoverboards and Self-Balancing Scooters in 2019
- Best Hoverboards and Self-Balancing Scooters Reviews
- 8. GOTRAX Hoverfly Self-Balancing Scooter
- 7. Koowheel Off Road Hoverboard
- 6. XPRIT Hoverboard
- 5. HYPER GOGO Hoverboard
- 4. TOMOLOO Music-Rhythmed Hoverboard
- 3. GYROOR Warrior Self-Balancing Hoverboard
- 2. SEGWAY miniLITE Personal Transporter
- 1. SEGWAY miniPRO Self-Balancing Scooter
- Which Hoverboard Do You Like?
Best Off-Road Hoverboards and Self-Balancing Scooters in 2019
Best Hoverboards and Self-Balancing Scooters Reviews
8. GOTRAX Hoverfly Self-Balancing Scooter
You can move smartly with the GOTRAX Hoverfly. The scooter you can buy in nine unique colors to suit your lifestyle. The product is UL certified for safety when drifting.
Furthermore, the scooter comes with self-balancing mode with or without you on the hoverboard. With the function, the GOTRAX remains level to the ground and more comfortable for you to ride. The Hoverfly has a dual 400-watt motor and reaches up to 7 miles per hour.
There are color LED lights on the wheels, and it has two LED headlights. The self-balancing scooter is perfect for all riders weighing up to 200 lbs. The boards’ lightweight at 22 pounds with a rechargeable battery and takes up to two hours to charge. Further, it is equipped with 6.5-inch wheels.
- Have the choice of choosing nine different colors
- Comes with a self-balancing mode that balances with or without you
- Comprise of two by 200-watt motors and reaches up to 7 miles per hours depending on the terrain
- Has LED lighting on the wheels and headlights for night use
- Suitable for all riders weighing up to 200 lbs
- Carries a UL certification
- Equipped with 6.5-inch wheels and a rechargeable battery
7. Koowheel Off Road Hoverboard
The Koowheel K5 is an off-road hoverboard that brings you a better riding experience. The board is one of the latest editions to their collection with a powerful motor onboard. The 7.5-inch wheels make it able for you to travel on flat surfaces and ground.The wheels are not inflatable, and you may feel some vibration traveling over uneven terrain. Another notable thing is the chassis waterproof, and you can ride through snow and mud. However, you cannot submerge it in water and comes with two 350-watt motors.
The dual motors you can control independently and offers an outstanding speed performance of 7.5 mph. The product weighs 22 lb and supports a weight up to 220 pounds. Another benefit is that you can replace the Samsung battery if needed. Once charged it provides a better travel experience on uneven places.The handle in the middle makes it easier to carry and has a built-in display showing battery power and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Available in black or pink and include a charger, manual, and replacement Samsung battery
- The board has a load capacity of 220 lbs
- Equipped with 7.5-inch wheels to move over different terrains
- Comprise two 350-watt brushless inductive DC motors
- You can travel up to 12 miles on a full charge
- The hoverboard is UL 2272 certified and safe to use
- For carrying it has a center handle with LED lights to check the battery status and more
- The self-balancing scooter weighs 22 lbs, and the two motors work independently
- Comes with Bluetooth connectivity and works with the Koowheel PLUS app
- One-year Warranty
6. XPRIT Hoverboard
Add thrill and excitement to your ride with the outdoor self-balancing scooter from XPRIT. Whether you want to race, commute, or do coasting the hoverboard achieves this and more. The X1 you can buy in three colors black, gold, and red to fit in with your lifestyle.
Furthermore, it is equipped with diamond-designed wheels with 8-inch tires for better road handling and balancing. Maneuvering around on the board is fun and comes with fender bumpers to keep the wheels protected. You can use it indoors or outdoors to do errands or visit a friend.
The motors protected by a steel casing with a shatter-resistant frame for you to ride it with confidence and built to last. Further, it comes with advanced safety features. There are anti-slip rubber feet to keep it stable and LED indicators keeping you on track with the battery use and more.
You can travel up to 12 miles on a full charge and control it with your phone or tablet using Bluetooth connection. The products UL 2272 certified offering you a perfect ride.
- Available in black, gold and red
- Made with 8-inch diamond shaped wheels with a colossal footboard
- Supports a weight up to 220 lbs and IP56 water rated
- You can use it to travel indoors and outdoors on most terrains
- The maximum speed is 7.45 miles per hour
- Equipped with a rechargeable battery that takes up to three hours to charge
- The hoverboard is Bluetooth speaker compatible
5. HYPER GOGO Hoverboard
Whether you are a new rider or advanced one, you can get moving faster with the self-balancing HYPER GOGO hoverboard. The city cruisers are available in black and safety certified as well. The scooter has passed the UL 2272 certification with exceptional protection against wear and tear.
Enjoy riding with music playing in the ears by connecting your phone with Bluetooth connection. The boards equipped with a powerful LG battery with a max traveling speed of 9 miles per hour. Furthermore, it comes with LED flashing lights making it an excellent device to have.
The maximum loading weight is 120kg and has two 400-watt motors. You can travel with it through mud and snow with the IP54 waterproof rating. Alternatively, the lights are bright enough for night use as well.
- Available in black color with LED lights
- Offers a decent Bluetooth speaker connection to listen to music using your phone
- The max speed provided by the two 400-watt motors is 9mph
- The City Cruiser is UL and IP54 certified
- Furthermore, the board carries a weight up to 120kg
- The LG battery takes up to three hours to charge and has a range of 15km
- For traveling over different terrains, it has 8-inch alloy wheels
- You get a customer satisfaction warranty
4. TOMOLOO Music-Rhythmed Hoverboard
The TOMOLOO you can buy in a stylish black, pink, or black/white color. The appearance is sleek and streamlined equipped with racing-grade tires and powerful 600-watt motor. You can use it on various road conditions to climb slopes and gravel roads.
You can easily reach up to 12km per hour on a single charge and holds a weight up to 220 pounds. The Samsung battery has a flame retardant casing to keep you and the board safe. For listening to music, it comes with music speakers and LED lights to rock your night away.
You can even switch the lights on and off as needed with the lighting switch. To top it all the hoverboard has a one-year warranty included.
- Turn on the Bluetooth connection and listen to music while cruising away on the hoverboard
- Equipped with dual 5W music speakers with colorful lighting to switch on and off using the lighting switch
- UL2272 certified against short-circuit, overcharging, and more
- The TOMOLOO is easy to operate with the auto self-balancing function
- The max load is 220 lbs with a maximum speed of 12km per hour
- Has a climb angle of up to 30-degrees
- Comes with waterproof protection and IPX 4 water-resistant
- Available in five stylish colors
- Comprise 6.5-inch racing-level tires and 600-watt motor
- One-year Warranty
3. GYROOR Warrior Self-Balancing Hoverboard
The GYROOR G2 is an all-terrain hoverboard that is UL certified and passed all the safety tests. So you can feel confident cruising around on the scooter — the chassis made of durable aluminum with ABS parts and equipped with two 350-watt motors.
You can tackle bumpy roads to climbing pavements with the self-balancing scooter. Further, the body is IP54 water rated and holds a weight up to 265 pounds. The maximum climbing angle is 30-degrees all made possible with the 8.5-inch wheels. The speed is up to 9.95 miles per hour on a full charge.
Before using the board, it takes up to two hours to get the battery fully charged. You can enjoy moving around town with music in your ears made available through the music speaker and LED lights.
- Made with durable aluminum structure and equipped with two 350-watt motors
- The hoverboard is self-balancing, and UL approved
- You can use it on all terrains with the 8.5-inch tires so go ahead and use it on grass, wet surfaces and more
- Include built-in music speakers with LED lights
- The max speed is 9.95 miles per hour on a full charge
- It takes up to two hours for the battery to charge
- The product is IP54 water-resistant and has a max load of 265 pounds
- You get the power cord, carry bag, battery charger and rubber protectors included
- One-year warranty
2. SEGWAY miniLITE Personal Transporter
To make your transportation more manageable, the SEGWAY miniLITE offers you a self-balancing scooter you can use standing. The boards equipped with large pneumatic tires with outstanding speed. You can use it with the Ninebot-Segway app to listen to music on the go as well.
The hoverboard is easy to ride and adapts to different roads. You can reach up to 10 miles per hours on a full charge. The tires measure 10.5-inches and air filled so no need of worrying about punctures. Onboard the scooter is a powerful 1400-watt engine to climb slopes and move over obstacles in your way.
The frames compact and the knee control bars detachable making it easy to store in small spaces. You can personalize your ride with the app and change the LED lights, adjust the steering, and more. The best of all is you can ride like a pro in minutes with the precision sensors and knee control bar.
- Available in white/black
- Comprise a 1400-watt motor and suitable for aged six and up
- Consists of 10.5-inch air-filled pneumatic tires for a smooth ride
- You can travel up to 10 miles per hour on a full charge
- The product is UL2272 certified and holds a weight up to 176 lbs
- The chassis made of aluminum
- You can personalize your riding with the provided app from changing light colors to adjusting the speed
1. SEGWAY miniPRO Self-Balancing Scooter
Compared to other hoverboards the miniPRO is a personal transportation device. The scooters powered by Ninebot technology to use hands-free with the two wheels. You can use it indoors, outdoors, and easy to ride. You can reach 14 miles per hour on a full charge quickly with this self-balancing hoverboard.
Included you get a free mobile app to control the functions of the device from LED lights to speed. What makes it unique is the 800-watt dual motor that adapts comfortably to different terrains from grass to gravel roads. With the extendable handle, it makes carrying upstairs a breeze.
You can quickly attach or detach the knee bar to fit into small spaces. No matter what time of the day, the hoverboard ensures for a safe journey with the automatic headlights. The knee bar adjusts and for comfort has padding to prevent your knees from hurting.
- Available in white/black/red
- Equipped with 10.5-inch air-filled pneumatic tires
- Comprise alloy aluminum making it lightweight to ride on and carry
- Comes with an adjustable kneebar and you can use it as a carry handle
- Connect it with your phone using Bluetooth to customize the lighting, speed, and more
- The product is UL certified and safe to use
- Travel up to 14 miles per hour on a full charge
- The wheels are road adaptive to ride on different surfaces
- Consist of a dual 800-watt engine
Which Hoverboard Do You Like?
While the hoverboards and self-balancing scooters are not as real as the one in Back to The Future, they come close enough. You can take them anywhere, and it gets you from point A to B in comfort and style. We hope that you find a suitable model on our list of the best off-road hoverboards and self-balancing scooters to make commuting exciting and fun. Pick one today you will not be disappointed, and you will be in with the hoverboard crowd.