In the market, we have witnessed an increase in the best modem for gigabit internet. The days of the dial-up are gone for most people as the fast internet speeds have become quite very common. The recent innovation has been able to focus on the developing fiber networks which deliver gigabit speeds to the major areas and powers a very fast internet of things. However, as the high-speed connections become more popular, there are new challenges which are arising starting with equipment to optimize those speeds. Well, gigabit technology has been able to revolutionize the internet speeds. Here is the best modem for gigabit internet.
Check this out if you are also looking for Best Budget Modem For Gaming
- Modems for Gigabit Internet Reviews | Best for Home & Business
- 9. NETGEAR CM600
- 8. ARRIS SURFboard SB6190
- 7. NETGEAR CM700
- 6. NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
- 5. NETGEAR DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem (CM1000)
- 4. NETGEAR Gigabit Cable Modem (CM1000-1AZNAS)
- 3. MOTOROLA DOCSIS 3.1 Gig-Speed Cable Modem
- 2. MOTOROLA MG7550
- 1. MOTOROLA MT7711 24X8 Cable Modem/Router
Modems for Gigabit Internet Reviews | Best for Home & Business
9. NETGEAR CM600
With a maximum of 960 Mbps downloads to be used to stream HD videos, this makes it among the Best modem for gigabit internet. It has faster downloads and high speed online gaming. It can support the cable internet service plans with a maximum of 300 Mbps.
- Channel bonding: Channels usually carry data, and they can be congested especially during the peak hours. More channels you have the faster that you go. CM600 does support 24×8 downstream channels.
- ISP Compatibility: CM600 is compatible with the major cable providers. All you need to do is to contact the provider to get the compatibility information.
- Setup: The setup process is very simple as you all need to do is plug the modem into coax cable. From here, you then use the computer to be able to connect to the modem and then follow the on-screen setup process to be able to activate the modem.
- Works Universally with the other routers: It does work with any of the Wi-Fi router or even gateway. With this device, you will be able to experience a very fast internet.
- It is compatible with all the ISP.
- The setup process is very simple.
8. ARRIS SURFboard SB6190
Are you looking for a modem which is capable of download speeds of up to 1.4 Gbps? Well, ARRIS SURFboard SB6190 is among the Best modem for gigabit internet, and it can download several HD videos at the same time. Moreover, it can deliver fast speed and a very reliable connection to the internet.
- Compatible with all the Cable providers.
- It does support the IPV4 and the IPV6 which are the latest internet standards.
- The download speeds are up to 1.4 Gbps.
- It is a wired modem and does not include the Wi-Fi router or even the VOIP telephone adapter.
- Supported operating system both Window 7 Mac OS.
- Installation is very easy and simple.
- It maximizes speed as well as performance.
7. NETGEAR CM700
NETGEAR CM700 offers a very secure connection to the high-speed cable internet connection. The internet speeds up to a maximum of 1.4 Gpbs. With the Gigabit Ethernet, you will easily get faster downloads and access.
- It has Gigabit Ethernet port for very fast wired speeds to connect the router or even the computer.
- This device is compatible with very many cable internet providers.
- You can get up to 1.4 Gbps download to stream HD videos, very fast downloads and excellent speed for online gaming.
- It has a very powerful processor which handles large loads with so much ease. In fact, there are four independent cores, each of which has been dedicated to an excellent performance throughput.
- NETGEAR CM700 has a design which looks aggressive and at the same time subtle.
- The setup process is very simple.
- It will easily work with the next generation of the speed tiers.
6. NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
- The extreme Wi-Fi speed for gaming with a maximum of 1750 Mbps.
- Advanced QoS for lag-free gaming as well as application prioritization.
- Dual core processor usually boosts the wireless as well as the wired performance.
- Extreme range for large homes with external antennas.
- The parent has control which creates a very safe web experience.
- There is a free backup software to safeguard the files.
- USB 3.0 for a maximum of 10 times faster access to the stored media.
- Beamforming for the whole home HD coverage across all the devices.
- It maintains a high level of security across the network hence offering a safe online experience for the children.
- Offers a fast and reliable Wi-Fi.
5. NETGEAR DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem (CM1000)
NETGEAR CM1000 has been marked among the best modem for gigabit internet in the market right now. In fact, the design has featured edges which are angled sharply which gives a very aggressive and high-performance look.
- It features a Gigabit Ethernet port for a very fast wired speed to the router or the computer.
- Compatible with the Spectrum.
- It has a maximum of 1Gbps download for the streaming HD videos, high speed online gaming and very fast downloads.
- This device has 32 downstream and 8 upstream SC QAM channels.
- Compatible with the spectrum.
- An easy setup that is very fast.
- Compatible with the DOCSIS 3.1 and 3.0
4. NETGEAR Gigabit Cable Modem (CM1000-1AZNAS)
NETGEAR (CM1000-1AZNAS) offers a connection to the high-speed cable internet with the speeds of up to 1 Gbps. Generally, it can work with DOCSIS 3.0 and 3.1 making it among best modem for gigabit internet.
- You can get connected without calling customer care as it has a fast web-based self-activation for the XFINITY customers.
- Gigabit Ethernet Port ensures fast wired speeds that you can connect to the router or even the computer.
- For the DOCSIS 3.0 connections, there is 32 downstream and eight upstream channels.
- Compatible with very many internet cable providers.
- It does support all the cable internet speed tiers.
- The installation process is very fast.
- You will notice a steady increase in internet speed.
3. MOTOROLA DOCSIS 3.1 Gig-Speed Cable Modem
Motorola MB8600 is among latest devices to join the list of the best modem for gigabit Ethernet. It supports an ultra-fast DOCSIS 3.1. With this cable modem, you can have an internet speed of a maximum of 1 Gbps. Furthermore, the actual speed usually depends on the cable modem service and speed of the Ethernet LAN ports.
- AQM (Active Queue Management) reduces internet latency.
- An attractive and compact design helps in minimizing the shelf space, and this improves cooling and also extends the product life.
- The Gigabit Ethernet ports to allow the connection of any device with the Ethernet port, and this also includes a router.
- HDTV and Windows or even Mac computer.
- Broadcom modem chipset offers security from the Denial of Service attacks.
- The setup is very fast and easy as there is a manual to guide you.
- Current firmware does support bonding on two Ethernet ports. Hence, it is very important for delivering 1Gbps.
- Pretty simple setup.
- It does come with the wrench for tightening the coaxial heads.
2. MOTOROLA MG7550
Model MG750 gets to combine the 16 x 4 cable modem with the AC1900 Wi-Fi gigabit router. When you combine this modem, and the gigabit router does save space and eliminates the wires and also simplifies the installation.
- The integration cable modem, as well as the router, does create a very reliable connection which reduces unwieldy wiring and the power adapter clutter for conserving the desk space.
- Vertical design helps to minimize shelf space and at the same does improve cooling and also extends the product life while searching great in the home or even office.
- The wireless power boost adds very high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers to legal limit providing a good boost regarding the range and speed.
- AnyBeam Beamforming at 2.4 and 4 GHz frequencies focusing signal on the wireless clients to enhance range and performance.
- The Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports offer wired connections to the windows and the Mac Computers.
- It has a firewall for enhanced security.
- Very easy to install.
- It has an enhanced Wi-Fi range, and hence you can get maximum speed across all the corners of a single room.
1. MOTOROLA MT7711 24X8 Cable Modem/Router
In our list of the best modem for gigabit internet, MOTOROLA MT7711 tops the list. This modem does work only with the Comcast. With a superb installation and very high speed, it is an excellent choice for anyone.
- The wireless power boost does amplify the wireless signal to the legal limit and does increase range and speed.
- Inbuilt AC1900 dual-band router offers wireless speed, range and the networking needed for all the Wi-Fi devices and also includes notebooks, etc.
- Gigabit Ethernet ports offer a wired connection to the computers.
- The router features an advanced firewall, guest network capability as well as based configuration.
- With ten status reporting LEDs does allow an easy status monitoring.
- Super-fast installation process.
- The configuration manager does allow you to restore the previous password.
Before you purchase the best modem for gigabit internet, it is essential that you consider if the modem is compatible with DOCSIS 3.1. So, what this means is that the set of protocols and the specifications which modems usually utilize. This is among the latest and best of the specification with optimized efficiency and speed. Because there are very few modems which can work with the Gigabit service, you will need to make a careful selection. Another factor which you may need to consider is the number of ports. Here, you will need to consider long-term needs before you make a purchase.