Top 10 Best Hiking GPS In 2021
When hiking, you need the best hiking GPS to hold in your hand. With one of these devices, you can make sure you are heading to the right place.
Not only will it keep you on the route but also you can use it for hiking and much more. So if you want to know your actual location and distance left, check the top 10 best hiking GPS devices available here with us.
You might be interested in Top 10 Best Binoculars
Best Handheld Hiking GPS Devices
10. Garmin 750T 3-Inch Touchscreen Handheld GPS
For a top-end handheld hiking GPS device, you will find it valuable on your next adventure. You get sophisticated and advanced features. Furthermore, it has a high-resolution touchscreen. The readability is excellent and comes with an 8 MP camera.
- Medium-sized touchscreen with built-in 8 MP camera
- Comes pre-loaded TOPO US maps
- You use it with AA or NiMH battery pack
- Include accelerometer, barometric altimeter, and 3-axis compass
You might also interest in Top 10 Best Men’s Sling Bag in 2021
9. Garmin Montana 680t
The following hiking GPS is larger than the previous model from Garmin. Therefore, it is heavier while reading the screen is more comfortable as well, even when using gloves. Furthermore, you get a high-resolution display with Wi-Fi technology.
- Full-size touchscreen with 8 MP camera
- Pre-loaded with US TOPO maps
- Works with rechargeable lithium-ion or AA batteries
- Has Wi-Fi tech, barometric altimeter, and 3-axis compass
8. Winterworm Outdoor Mini Handheld Portable GPS Navigation Location Finder
The handheld hiking GPS device might not be as excellent as the Garmin devices but still does the job to keep you on track. The portable navigation location finder will make sure you are on the right track. You can use it for hiking and biking.
- Shaped like a watch and you can use it on a key-chain
- You can set the destination point with up to 16 points
- Comes with a display and memory to record distance and mileage
- Provides you with longitude, altitude, latitude and current position
- Great to use for Geocaching
7. Garmin 3″ Garmin Rino 750
For the best hiking GPS device, the Rino from Garmin offers you everything you need. You get the advantage of using radio to keep in touch with other hikers in the group.
- Glove-friendly touchscreen that is easy to read
- Capable of getting FRS/GMRS radio
- Pre-loaded with TOPO maps for the US
- Works with rechargeable lithium-ion and AA batteries
- Equipped with an 8 MP camera, 3-axis electronic compass, altimeter, and barometer
6. Garmin Fenix 5X Sapphire
Instead of buying a handheld hiking GPS device, why not, get yourself an excellent hiking watch. The Fenix 5X is one of those timepieces that helps you stay on course. The high-resolution display is easy to read and comes with an activity tracker. Furthermore, the wearable is water-resistant as well.
- Comes with multi-sport mode
- Connects with Wi-Fi using your Smartphone
- Has a compass, barometer, and altimeter
- Also measures your oxygen levels and heart rate
- Full TOPO mapping
5. SUUNTO Traverse Graphite
Another smart hiking GPS watch that is versatile to use is the SUUNTO TRAVERSE. You can upload routes to the timepiece, and it keeps track of your altitude and distance. Furthermore, you can use it for tracking steps, calories, and more
- Connects to your smartphone with Wi-Fi
- Keeps track of your daily activities from steps to calories burned
- Comes with a storm alarm, compass, altimeter, and barometer
Check this out Best Hidden GPS Tracker For Car In 2021
4. Garmin inReach Explorer+ Hiking GPS Bundle
The package from Garmin provides you with the inReach Explorer hiking GPS device, hiking tether backpack mount, and belt/carabiner clip. Furthermore, the apparatus waterproof and features GEOS and weather messaging. For keeping, it charged it comes with a USB charging cable.
- Comes with worldwide GPS coverage, maps, and messaging
- You can exchange text messages with any phone number or email using the GPS track
- Comes with GEOS emergency response and pre-loaded with TOPO maps
- Has waypoint routing and the weather using EARTHMATE is optional
3. Garmin Foretrex 401 Waterproof Hiking GPS
The waterproof hiking GPS receiver is excellent for any mountaineering trip to keep you on track without getting lost. You can even use it in heavy tree coverage and canyons with the HotFix tech. You can keep track of routes, waypoints, and your heart rate.
- GPS tracking with HotFix to use in heavy tree coverage and canyons
- Tracks routes, waypoints, and your heart rate
- Works with standard AAA batteries
- Easy-to-read LCD with battery use up to 17-hours in GPS mode
- You can observe your current location in multiple formats
- Has audible tones and computerized sunrise/sunset times, electronic compass, barometric altimeter, and hunting/fishing information
Check out on the Best Mountain Bikes
2. Garmin Instinct (Sunburst) Outdoor GPS Watch Power Bundle
The hiking GPS watch from Garmin is excellent for outdoor use and comes with a USB charging cable. The timepiece comes with a portable charger and HD screen protector. The rugged build is made for activities in the wild. Furthermore, it offers you on-wrist heart rate monitoring as well.
- Powered by USB charging cable
- The HD screen comes with protector film to prevent scratches outdoors
- The GPS watch with on-wrist heart-rate monitoring
- Shock and waterproof to 100m
- For durability, the casing comprises a polymer
- Has trackback and multiple sports profiles
- GLONASS and Galileo Satellite Networks
1. LAD WEATHER GPS-Navigation
Here is another hiking GPS watch from LAD Weather available in two colors. The GPS functions automatic and synchronizes with the satellites to give you accurate time. Furthermore, it comes with multiple sports modes to measure laps, altitude, calories burned, and so much more.
- Multiple sports modes
- Auto GPS tracking
- Heart rate monitoring and stores data on heart rate chest strap
- Has navigation functions and PC connection to synchronize data
Here are some of the best hiking GPS devices you can use on your next trip. However, if you need the top-contender, you can look at the Garmin inReach Explorer with GEOS messaging. One never knows when you need help in the mountains or wild. With the device, you can send messages for help to any phone number or email. Furthermore, if you prefer not holding a handheld, you can always look at the hiking GPS watches reviewed on the list.