With most guitars being full-sized, it becomes one of the major challenge in getting a guitar for kids which could be suitable to be used by the kids of small ages. This is due to the size of their hands which could limit them using the larger guitars. In addition to this, some of the hands might also get harmed by the strings from the full-sized guitars.
Where you want your kid to enjoy learning and feel motivated in learning on how to play a guitar, selecting the best guitar for kids will not be an option. With this, we have done adequate research in ensuring that you get the best guitar for kids. This is from the variety of several guitar for kids available. Check the below list to ensure that you get your best today.
Check this you also look for Top 10 Best Guitar Tuners in 2020
- Top Best Guitar for Kids in 2020
- Review for Best Guitar for Kids
- 10. Acoustic Guitar Bundle Junior (Travel) Series by Hola
- 9. Yamaha FG800 Acoustic Guitar – Black Bundle
- 8. Fender FA-115 Acoustic Guitar Bundle with Gig Bag
- 7. Yamaha JR2 Junior-Size 33-Inch Acoustic Guitar
- 6. Yamaha JR1 3/4 Size Steel String Acoustic Guitar
- 5. Music Alley 6 String 30 inch Half Size Junior Guitar for Young Kids
- 4. Hohner HAG250P 1/2 Sized Classical Guitar – For Toddlers
- 3. Kala MK-B Makala Baritone Ukulele Bundle
- 2. Jasmine S35 Acoustic Guitar, Natural
- 1. Fender FA-100 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar with Gig Bag – Natural
Top Best Guitar for Kids in 2020
Review for Best Guitar for Kids
10. Acoustic Guitar Bundle Junior (Travel) Series by Hola
This is one of the best guitar for kids you will have. It is of 36” with a 3/4 size which fits the use of your kid. One of the best things your kid will love about this guitar for kids is that it is stunning on its look through which it comes in patterns on its case of the traditional tortoise shell put on the body, soundhole as well as on its neck. It is of a glossy finish which is of pink color ensuring that they fall in love with it.
- Rosewood Bridge and fingerboard.
- Come with tuners that are geared and of a die-cast chrome covering.
- Bronze strings of high quality.
- Use of high quality material makes it to be highly durable.
- Stunning hence will be loved by you kid.
- Doesn’t have a variety of patterns to choose from.
9. Yamaha FG800 Acoustic Guitar – Black Bundle
The Yamaha FG800 is another one of the best choices you will have for your kids.
It comes with all the accessories you will need to have your kid start playing the guitar and learn from scratch. It is not only suitable for your kid only but it can also be used by the advanced guitarists. Its design is of a scalloped bracing which is newly developed hence giving you a stronger and a high-quality sound. It is also of a black finish which fits most looks in the stage or whenever you might need to play this guitar at.
- Scalloped bracing and a solid spruce top provides extra resonance.
- Features a digital chromatic tuner.
- Comes with an instructional DVD for guiding you in setting your guitar and playing chords.
- Ease in tuning as it comes with a digital chromatic tuner.
- Universal use from beginners to advanced players.
- No color options to choose from where someone might not love the black color.
8. Fender FA-115 Acoustic Guitar Bundle with Gig Bag
The Fender FA guitar for kids is one of the best through which it suits any beginner player. In addition to this, it also comes with a body binding, a gloss natural finish made of Rosewood Bridge, Rosewood fingerboard as well as a chrome hardware. To make its use very effective, it also features a guitar strap, gig bag, guitar picks, polishing cloth, extra set of strings, digital tuner and an instructional DVD among other accessories you may need.
- Features a Fender chromatic tuner.
- Has a spruce top with a rosewood fretboard and gloss finish.
- Includes all the accessories needed by a beginner.
- Has a gloss finish which is elegant looking.
- Has a laminate fingerboard.
7. Yamaha JR2 Junior-Size 33-Inch Acoustic Guitar
To increase your satisfaction through the use of this Yamaha JR2 guitar for kids, it comes with all the required accessories which ensure that you get one of the best experiences through its use. You will not need the hassle of looking for any accessories you need when you get this amazing guitar for kids. It comes with a gig bag which ensure that you can carry your guitar along with you whenever you need to move to. In addition to this, it also has a tuner to ensure that your guitar remains tuned.
- It is of a 3/4 scale through which its scale is 21 1/4″ with a 20-fret fingerboard and body depth being 80-90 mm.
- Features a spruce top.
- Full length is 33”.
- Comes with all the accessories you need to use as a beginner.
- Beautiful look from the mahogany back and its sides used in making this guitar for kids.
- Very similar to the Yamaha JR1 hence could be confusing.
6. Yamaha JR1 3/4 Size Steel String Acoustic Guitar
This is the perfect guitar for kids you will get through which it fits use by the small persons with dainty hands and mainly aged between 8 to 10 years. In addition to this, also an adult can use this guitar for travels on its mini size. It has a resounding and a full sound projection through its amazing body shape. This will, as a result, motivate your kid through its tonal projection. Not only will you enjoy the quality sound but it is also of a lightweight hence it can be used for a long period of time.
- Comes with a gig bag with extra strings, picks and straps as well.
- Measures 3 1/8” to 3 9/16” which is equivalent to 80-90mm and a scale of 21 1/4″.
- Includes a starter kit for your kid’s training and guidance.
- Elegantly built.
- It is a low-cost guitar.
5. Music Alley 6 String 30 inch Half Size Junior Guitar for Young Kids
Have your kids introduced to music as early as possible to ensure that they get exposure to the music world? The Music Alley guitar for kids is mainly suitable for the kids aged between year 3 to those aged 7 years. It has a small lightweight design which makes it friendly for the use by your kid and weighs 2.12 pounds which makes it very easy for your kid to carry along with them. It uses nylon strings which are gentler to the hands of your kids in comparison with the use of steel strings hence suitable for practicing.
- Nylon Strings.
- Measures 30.1” by 3.1” by 11”.
- Lightweight measuring 3.09 pounds.
- Lightweight hence motivating your kid.
- Uses nylon strings which are gentle to your kid’s hands.
- Questions on its durability with quality.
4. Hohner HAG250P 1/2 Sized Classical Guitar – For Toddlers
This will be the perfect guitar for kids when it comes to slightly older kids. It is a classical acoustic guitar from the Hohner Accordions specially designed for beginners. Its size is half that of the standard guitars in which it is 30” long hence suitable for kids aged between 4 to 7 years. In addition to this, it has nylon strings; 6 in number that is softer compared to the use of the steel strings. It also makes use of high-quality materials making it highly durable.
- Full length of 30” perfect for children.
- Nylon strings for easy playability.
- Comes with a song book.
- Uses nylon strings which are gentle to little fingers.
- Perfect sound when this guitar is tuned.
- Loses the tune easily which might be led by the use of the nylon strings as well as plastic tuners.
3. Kala MK-B Makala Baritone Ukulele Bundle
With the use of the Kala-B guitar for kids, you will make it easy for your kid who is at the entry level to feel motivated to learn more. One of its unique things that distinguishes this guitar for kids from other types of guitars is its maintenance in the quality of sound it produces.
It has an 18 fretboard with a scale length of 20.25” with its overall length being 30.5” and a nut width of 1.5”. In addition to this, it has high-quality material usage of mahogany back, sides, top, and neck as well. It also has geared tuners that ensure that you keep the strings tuned.
- Features a hard case for its portability.
- Comes with a clip-on tuner to ensure that you get the best sound quality.
- An instructional DVD by Austin Bazaar is included for guiding your kids from the beginner level.
- High sound quality.
- Comes with an instructional DVD suitable for guiding every beginner.
- Not the perfect choice for any experienced player.
2. Jasmine S35 Acoustic Guitar, Natural
Being the second in our list, you will be sure of your kid enjoying the use of this amazing guitar for kids. Its exceptional value ensures that you get the best experience from its use. This guitar for kids is of a lightweight and very attractive through its elegant finish. It also has an acoustic dreadnought design which is one of the most popular guitar shapes for a long period of time. Not only will you enjoy this but its sound quality is very exceptional hence giving you a good deal.
- Agathis back and sides with a quality spruce top giving it a great tone and sound.
- Smooth finish of satin.
- Rosewood fretboard.
- A rich balanced tone from its high-quality sound.
- It is of a lightweight making it comfortable while using it.
- Requires tuning frequently.
1. Fender FA-100 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar with Gig Bag – Natural
On the top of the list is the Fender FA-100 which becomes one of the exceptional choices for the guitars for kids you will have. It is suitable for every beginner from the slightly aged kids to the teens. One of its most important features is the Fender traditional bridge together with the Fender Headstock shape making it one of the best options to have. It is of a lightweight hence perfect for use by kids with much ease in tuning.
- Comes with an inclusion of a padded gig bag with the Fender label.
- A limited lifetime warranty from Fender.
- Glossy and a protective finish all over the body.
- Low pricing while comparing its brand name associated with most loved guitars.
- High sound quality though not as that of the higher end models of the same.
- Strings are close and very low to the fretboard which could be challenging to a beginner.
In conclusion, we hope that the above list has been of great value to you. We put several factors into consideration to ensure that you get the best. Some of the priority factors put into consideration include the customer reviews and ratings which indicate the level of satisfaction by these guitars for kids to the previous users.
Among other factors put into consideration include; the size of the guitar, strings use, shape and the price of the guitar for kids. With this, you are sure of having the best guitar for kids. Check on the above list to ensure that you get your kid the best today.
Also, check out The Top Best Guitar Cases in 2020