Are you looking for the best electric scooters for adults? You have arrived at the right place. Do you want to look cool whizzing around town? You are not alone – motorized electric bikes are becoming a highlight in many people’s lives. The scooter offers you excellent exercise and is a great alternative compared to using public transport. The fantastic thing is the adult electric scooter provides you more than transportation they are fun to use as well. They offer great mobility, is easy to assemble, and perfect for any age. One of the highlights of the e-scooter is its speed that tops 30 mph. However, it helps if you do not buy it for only this reason. For daily commuting, the safest speed is up to 25 mph. Furthermore, it all depends on your weight and could change the speed of the electric scooter you are using.
You will find the average rate of the motorized scooters on our list averages between 15 – 20 mph. Charging the scooter is also easy and depends on the charging procedure set up by the manufacturer. The majority of e-scooters take up to 12-hours to load so do consider this when selecting one. Now that you are interested look at the ten products on the list and start avoiding the traffic today.
Check this out if you are also looking for The Best Laptops for Video Editing
- 1 Best Electric Scooters for Adults in 2019
- 1.1 Reviews of Electric Scooters for Adults
- 1.1.1 10. Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter
- 1.1.2 9. Razor E200 Electric Scooter
- 1.1.3 8. GOTRAX GXL Electric Scooter
- 1.1.4 7. Razor Eco Smart Metro Electric Scooter
- 1.1.5 6. SWAGTRON City Commuter E-Scooter
- 1.1.6 5. GLION Dolly Foldable Electric Scooter
- 1.1.7 4. GigaByke Groove E-Bike
- 1.1.8 3. NANROBOT RS2 Adult Electric Scooter
- 1.1.9 2. Amigo TravelMate Foldable Electric Scooter
- 1.1.10 1. XINAO NANOROBOT Electric Scooter
- 1.2 Final Thought
- 1.1 Reviews of Electric Scooters for Adults
Best Electric Scooters for Adults in 2019
Reviews of Electric Scooters for Adults
10. Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter
For a great price and excellent value for money with fantastic features, the Razor E300S will put a smile on your face. The motorized scooter looks elegant, operates smooth, has great looks, and comes at an affordable price. When it comes to electric scooter reviews, you rarely see negative feedback related to the product.
The machines engineered for adult riders with modern demands from excellent battery life to durability. You get everything you need to commute around town with comfort and ease. The electric motor is quiet with high torque and powered by a 24-volt battery that is sealed.
You can travel nonstop for up to 16 miles per hour. The electric scooter is easy to operate with the grip handle and rear braking system. The seat offers you a comfortable position, and you can adjust or remove it. The battery needs charging up to 12 hours before you can use it.
Further, it offers you a 40-minute running time and depends on the terrain, weight and more. What we like is the impressive 15 mph speed with outstanding ergonomic design. The ride is smooth, and there is no annoying sound. Even the kickstand is retractable.
- Made with a high-performance motor that reaches a speed up to 15 miles per hour
- Comprise a quiet chain-driven motor with twist-grip throttle
- Powered by a rechargeable 24V sealed battery with a charge up to 12-hours
- Has a hand operated rear brake, 10-inch pneumatic tires, spring loaded kickstand, adjustable riding seat that you can remove
- Suitable for ages 13 and up
- Supports a weight up to 220 pounds
9. Razor E200 Electric Scooter
There are so many things to like about the e-scooter from Razor. Here we have another groundbreaking product from the scooter giant. The commuter scooter is ultra quiet with the chain driven motor. You can ride on it for hours and have fun at the same time. You get twist grip handles for added stability.
Further, you get a top speed of up to 12 mph and enough to travel around town. The 24 volts sealed battery offers you extended lasting use and rechargeable. Another thing is the durable kickstand and braking system with pneumatic tires for a smooth ride. Assembling the e-scooter is easy, and you get everything included with instructions to help.
You get the battery charger included, and it charges quickly in a few hours. However, when used for the first time the recommended charging time is 12-hours. The frame and deck have a durable construction, and you can feel safe traveling on the motorized scooter.
Other, highlights is the full-size frame, deck, quiet chain-driven motor, and ideal for adults to use. The charging time is quick and available in various colors.
- Comprise quiet chain-driven motor with twist-grip throttle
- You can reach a speed up to 12 miles per hour
- Equipped with a sealed 24V rechargeable battery
- Works with hand operated rear brake, 8-inch pneumatic tires, and spring load kickstand
- Comes with a UL Approved Battery Charger and hardware for assembly
- Needs charging up to 12-hours before use with recommended charging time of up to 24-hours
- You can use it for up to 40 minutes
- Constructed with steel frame and fork with a retractable kickstand
8. GOTRAX GXL Electric Scooter
For another affordable solution in choosing an e-scooter, nothing comes close to the GOTRAX GXL. The motorized scooter has a bold and powerful adaptive design. The 8.5-inch pneumatic tires made to absorb the shock of the streets in the city. Compared to the other electric scooters it has a folding frame making it convenient to use on public transport.
The 250W motor comes equipped with a 36V rechargeable battery with a two-speed setting. You can use the first gear for a 10mph ride and kick into 2nd gear to reach up to 15 miles per hour. Another standout is the front and rear double braking system that is very responsive when used.
You can view your current speed on the speedometer available on the LED and shows you four battery indicator lights. You can use the motorized scooter at night with the LED headlight. When it comes to electric scooter reviews, the majority of users is pleased with the product but found the customer service appalling.
- Made with 8.5-inch pneumatic tires that are perfect for commuting around the city
- Powerful 250 watt motor with a top speed of 15 mph
- Equipped with a 36V battery that travels up to 2.5 miles and takes up to four hours to charge
- Holds a maximum weight of 220 lbs and UL2271 certified
- Portable design with a folding frame that locks securely in place
- The e-scooter weighs 6-inches
- Comes with two gear settings with double braking system
- Can view your speed on the LED and comes with four battery indicator lights
7. Razor Eco Smart Metro Electric Scooter
The following electric scooter for adults is ideal for commuting. The machine has a full deck with a comfortable seat. There is a basket for essential items, and the wheels are big to improve comfort. You can enjoy a smooth, comfortable ride with the padded seat.
The deck comprises bamboo, and the motor runs silently for trips to work and around the block. You can reach up to 18 miles per hour with up to 40-minute continuous use. The speed is variable with the chain-driven 500W motor and twist-grip acceleration control.
The rear brake is hand operated and for a smooth ride the scooters equipped with 16-inch pneumatic tires. The included luggage rack you can remove and the kickstand is retractable. The battery has a sealed construction, and for charging, you get the battery charger included.
For the stellar price what more can you ask for—you can commute to work and back in style.
- Suitable for aged 16 and up with a maximum weight load of 220 lbs
- Equipped with a 500W motor with variable speed that reaches up to 18mph
- You can use it endlessly for up to 40-minutes
- The accelerations controlled with a twist-grip throttle
- The rear brake is hand operated
- Made with steel frame, bamboo deck, and comfortable padded seat
- Equipped with a luggage rack you can remove
- The kickstand is retractable
- Consist of 16-inch pneumatic tires
- Outfitted with 36V sealed battery and rechargeable with the included battery charger
- 90-day Warranty
6. SWAGTRON City Commuter E-Scooter
The SWAGGER 5 can put the fun back into your life, especially if you are bored with the available transport system — the electric scooter for adults equipped with a 250W motor. You get Bluetooth connectivity with an onboard phone mount. Alternatively, you can reach up to 18mph and personalize your riding experience with three gear levels.
The tubeless tires offer a comfortable ride, and you can break quickly with the equipped ABS brakes. The scooter is lightweight with the alloy body and supports a weight of up to 320 lbs. You can even use it at night with the headlight for safe traveling. The motorized scooter weighs 27.5 pounds and comes with a foldable design that is excellent for use on public transport.
The charging time of the battery is up to three-hours and pretty impressive. Extra accessories are the phone mount, kickstand, headlight, and bell.
- With the Li-ion battery, you can charge on the go and takes up to three-hours
- You can reach up to 12 miles per hour and varies according to the terrain, speed, and your weight
- Made with a foldable aluminum frame and supports a maximum weight up to 320 pounds
- Equipped with a 250W electric hub motor that reaches speeds up to 18 mph and can roll over inclines up to 20°
- The motorized scooters fitted with a phone mount for Bluetooth use, headlight, kickstand, and bell
- For a smooth ride, the tires tubeless and you have three gears with cruise control
- Has a LED display for viewing your speed, headlight status, and battery use
5. GLION Dolly Foldable Electric Scooter
When you look at the electric scooter for adults from GLION, it is one of the best e-scooters available for many reasons. Compared to other brands this one is equipped with one of the biggest battery packs. The battery consists of 18650 cells and 30 Sony nM.
You can enjoy nonstop riding up to 3-hours, and the scooter folds for commuting on public transport. Even the charging time is quick. The machines equipped with a 250W motor that runs quietly and the wheels made with airless tires that never flatten. Once folded, you can place it in the travel bag to take with you.
The anti-lock brakes you find on the motor. The speed is up to 15 miles per hour on a single charge.
- End boring commuting with the foldable electric scooter with standup design
- Made with durable aircraft-grade aluminum and powder coated
- Equipped with 8-inch no-flatten tires
- Comes with electronic anti-lock brake inside the 250W rear hub motor
- Easy to use with the weatherproof hand controls with easy to read battery indicator on the handlebar
- Comprise 36-volt rechargeable battery, and you can reach up to 15 mph on a full charge
- You will need to wait for three hours for the battery to be fully charged
- Once folded it turns into a self-standing scooter with retractable dolly handle and roller wheels
- Extras included are the headlight, pedestrian bell, rear reflector, charger, and you can buy the cover separately
4. GigaByke Groove E-Bike
When it comes to making top-notch electric scooters, GigaByke is at the top of the list. The Electric Moped bike size is enormous and does not compromise on battery life or speed. You can reach up to 20 mph, and the battery lasts up to 35 mph per charge. All this made possible with the powerful 48 V battery.
If you weigh up to 250 lbs, the e-bike can easily handle your weight without problems. The scooter looks more like a motorcycle and best to make sure you do not need to license it. Further, it has a front LED light, digital speedometer, anti-lock braking system, turn signals, and battery charger.
Another fantastic thing is you can choose your preferred color from up to five different shades.
- Equipped with a 750W motor that reaches up to 20 miles per hour and can reach up to 35 mph on a charge
- Comprise 48V rechargeable battery with up to six hours to get it fully charged
- The maximum rider weight is 250 lbs
- Comes with a LED headlight, digital speedometer, smart battery charger, front disc brakes, and turn signals
- Has hydraulic brake system in the rear
- Steel frame and powder coated
- Include a side and center kickstand
3. NANROBOT RS2 Adult Electric Scooter
For commuting around town, you need the foldable electric scooter for adults. The net weight is 88.2 lbs and can climb angles up to 65-degrees. For traveling roads in the city, it is equipped with 11-inch tires and has a maximum weight load of up to 330 lbs. With a medium weight, you can reach up to 45 miles per hours and equip with a 2400-watt brushless gear motor.
The powerful 60V Lithium rechargeable battery charges up to 10-hours with the smart battery charger included. Moreover. the two independent motors control the front and rear wheels with the all-wheel-drive style. Compared to the other e-scooters this one is powerful and best to watch your speed around town.
- Two independent 1200W motors with all-wheel drive mode to control the front and rear wheels
- Offers you a speed up to 40 miles per hour
- Equipped with a 60V Lithium rechargeable battery that takes up to 10-hours to charge
- You can drive up to 45 mph on a full charge depending on the terrain, your weight and more
- Has a climbing angle of 65-degrees
- Comprise a portable and foldable construction
- Consist of 11-inch tires, front and rear wheel dual disc brake system, double shock absorption, USB phone charging port
- You get a two-year warranty on the frame and a year on the motor with 180-days on the battery
2. Amigo TravelMate Foldable Electric Scooter
Are you an active traveler or perhaps elderly? The Amigo electric scooter is a fantastic way to travel around town. You can enjoy a tight turning radius with the front drive system. Also, the bike weighs 55 lbs and is not one of the lightest foldable models on the market.
However, with the compact design, you can easily store it in small spaces. The battery and basket you can remove if needed. With a simple press on the pedal, it folds up for storage. You can pick your preferred color from True Blue, Black, and Chili Pepper Red.
You can use it indoors, outdoors, and on hard surfaces with the 8-inch front and 9-inch rear tires — the seats made with a folding low-back design and covered with Vinyl. The front drive hub motor has a speed of up to 4 mph and not very fast. Further, it is equipped with two 24V airline-safe batteries and upgradable to a lithium-ion sealed battery.
The battery capacity is six mph and comes with a universal 2A off board charge. So if you have an older adult living with you in the home bestows one upon them they will be over the moon with their new toy.
- Foldable and portable by removing the basket and battery pack
- The seat slides forward, and the handles fold down
- Made with front drive and has a smooth acceleration
- Weighs 55 pounds and not the lightest models to carry around
- Functional on all types of surfaces from indoors to outdoors with the three wheels
- You get a two-year warranty
- Equipped with two 24V airline-safe batteries and can upgrade to a lithium-ion one
- The battery capacity is up to 9 mph
- The weight capacity is 250 lbs
- The seats adjustable and covered with Vinyl
1. XINAO NANOROBOT Electric Scooter
Here we have another NANOROBOT e-scooter for adults the XINAO. In addition, the powerful configuration of two independent 1000W motors offers you front and rear wheel control. Moreover, the machine is equipped with a 52V lithium battery and has a three-hour charging time.
Further, you get rubber shock absorption with the 10-inch pneumatic tires with anti-slip construction. Plus, the motor reaches up to 2000-watts with a maximum stroke of up to 50 miles. Not to mention, the front and rear stable braking system make stopping in emergencies a breeze.
Hence, you can use it for commuting at night with the bright headlights and the seats detachable to offer you different riding experiences. With the quick folding mechanism, you can fold/unfold it in seconds making it portable to take anywhere.
- Made with a high-speed 40 mph motor and equipped with two independent 1000W configuration
- The engine controls the front and rear wheel
- Equipped with a 52V lithium battery and shock absorbing 10-inch pneumatic tires
- The battery charging time is three hours and comes with front & rear brake system
- The front fork is carbon and equipped with a comfortable seat
- The frameworks aluminum and the whole scooter weighs 70 lbs
- The load capacity is 150 lbs and has a climbing ability of 30-degrees
- Extras available are the bright headlights, detachable seat, and quick folding design
Are you familiar with a regular scooter? Have you ridden an electric scooter for adults before? If not you need to remember riding, the motorized version is challenging. However, if you have ridden a motorcycle or bike the steering is similar, and ride likes any other vehicle. The only difference is you can use it in a seated position or standing. We hope that our top ten e-scooters help you to find the right one. Further, we hope that once you have decided which one works for your needs—it provides you with a convenient and easy way to commute around town. Find one today that best fits your lifestyle and offers you fun everywhere you go!