Whenever it comes to finding computer speakers for your personal use, be it for gaming too, you simply tend to search for the recent best among the categories and in this case, the top 10 best computer speakers in 2019. The speakers you plan to buy should be among the best ones out there in the market, right now. Be it just for music or a very intense and deep, surround sound experience while gaming, the top 10 list here is what you should be considering buying from.
These speakers will not only give you a crystal-clear sound for an immersive experience but also ample tuning for listening to the directions, dialogues, and guidelines during gameplay. Sound and effect are a crucial part of the gameplay experience. Whenever you sit behind the monitor and start playing, these speakers will give you the experience you expect them to give. Starting with Assassin’s Creed, PUBG, Fortnite or games like Silent Hill, Witcher, FIFA and Final Fantasy, these speakers will definitely make you feel like you’re inside the realm of gaming.
- Reviews of the Top 10 Best Computer Speakers in 2019
- 10. Edifier Exclaim e10
- 9. Bose Companion 2 Series III
- 8. Creative Sound BlasterX Kratos S5
- 7. Mackie CR4BT
- 6. Edifier R1700BT
- 5. Harman Kardon SoundSticks III
- 4. Razer Leviathan Gaming Sound Bar
- 3. Audioengine A5+
- 2. Aperion Allaire
- 1. Bose Companion 5
Reviews of the Top 10 Best Computer Speakers in 2019
10. Edifier Exclaim e10
The one starting from the bottom is the Edifier Exclaim e10. This is one of those products that has a very sleek design. The device is designed in such a way that it aligns with the right and left ears. The speakers are set in two satellites in the shape of a silver-colored bar sitting on a semi-circular dome. The speakers are a bit inclined backward.
The price-tag it comes for is very cheap compared to the sound quality it delivers. It comes for as low as 79 bucks. Each of the speakers has an excellent performance in mid-range and high pitch sounds. It sadly lags behind a lot in powerful bass delivery. Regardless of the individual performances, the audio quality is very suitable for gameplay and immersive experiences. The 76.2 mm woofer along with an equivalent bass radiator at the bottom makes its bass worthy of praise. On the other hand, the 38 mm tweeters on the bar like an inclined structure along with a matching radiator create a wonderful audio delivery system. So no matter what you are using these speakers for with your computer, you will not be disappointed.
- Design: You will find the design to be very eye-catching.
- Connectivity: It uses a 2.0 audio system.
- Sound: The mids and highs are very clear.
- Power Rating: The power supply is around10x2 watts RMS.
- Subwoofer: The set of speakers does not come with any subwoofers.
- You will be impressed with the sound for the price it comes for.
- The device is easy to set up.
- Not the best for audio-listening purposes.
- The device does not have a remote control.
9. Bose Companion 2 Series III
The name that comes next in the list is from one of the most trusted brands in the world of audio devices, Bose. Yes, we are talking about the Bose Companion 2 Series III. These computer speakers are designed to stand vertically with a slight alignment. The tweeters are covered in a grey mesh while the rest of the body has a silvery metallic luster.
There are four ports meaning four wires to deal with. One is required to power up the speaker, the second to connect to the computer, the third to put the aux in while the last to connect from the right to the left since the ports are all in the right piece. The controls are in front of the right speaker. The sound quality is good with the mids and the highs while the lows are rather disappointing for Bose’s standards. Especially the background distorts the dialogues and conversations.
- Design: The speakers come in two pieces, each shaped like a brick.
- Connectivity: The speakers are a 2.0 sound system.
- Sound: The mids and highs are pretty impressive but the background is muddy.
- Power Supply: It runs on DC Power and has an AC Power Adapter.
- Dimensions: 3.1 x 5.9 x 7.5 inches.
- Yet again they take down the price below 100 dollars and still manage to deliver excellent sound quality.
- The speakers are small and lightweight making it easy for you to carry.
- Its short aux cable will give you a hard time.
- The device has no wireless connection.
8. Creative Sound BlasterX Kratos S5
The Creative Sound BlasterX Kratos S5 is mainly designed to blow you off your seats. That’s why it comes with a dedicated subwoofer unit just to give you the extra push into the gaming realm. The design of the speakers is very standard but nothing posh. The speakers are made of wood. The wiring and setup are very easy. It has an integrated lighting system that comes in 5 colors. All the scales are nicely supported. Not only that, the satellites are made of wood. The volume puck has an ease of sound adjustment along with color switching options. The speakers have a microphone port. Other than that, at the back of the subwoofer are three connection systems, an RCA port, an aux port, and a USB port.
- Design: the speaker set comes with a subwoofer and two satellites. The subwoofer is a big cube while the two satellites look like two bricks standing vertically.
- Connectivity: It uses a standard 2.1 connecting system.
- Sound: The sound quality is overall impressive and game worthy.
- Light System: The speakers come with a bit of ambient lighting.
- Dimensions: 4.6 x 4.7 x 7.8 inches for the satellites, 8.7 x10.2 x 12 inches for the subwoofer.
- Output Power: 12 Watt for the satellites while it’s 36 Watt for the subwoofer.
- Frequency Response: It ranges from 55 to 20000 Hz.
- You can expect a very impressive sound quality during gameplay.
- The connectivity is very flexible.
- The aux cable is very short.
- The highs are very concentrated whereas the high mids are numb.
7. Mackie CR4BT
The Mackie is one of the best multimedia monitor manufacturers out there. Thus, it shows what marvels they can put up in their products like the Mackie CR4BT. It has a birch wood build painted in matte black. The woofers and tweeters have green paste textured rings that give them a bit of an urban vibe.
It comes along with three audio connections; a Bluetooth connection, an aux connection and an RCA connection. Not only that, but you can customize the sound flow from one speaker to the other. Other than that, the two speakers are small. The sound quality is very impressive and the mids and highs are all well. The only thing they lag in is the bass which fails to compete with the quality of the mids and highs. The bass ports come with isolation pads while the silk tweeters use ferrofluid coolers for a studio-grade sound delivery.
- Design: The set of computer speakers come in two pieces with a uniform rectangular brick-like design.
- Connectivity: It has both an RCA connecting port, a standard 2.1 aux port and a 2.0 Bluetooth connection port.
- Dimensions: 8.8 x6.1 x7.3 inches
- Frequency Response: It has a wide range of 70 Hz to 20 kHz.
- Isolation Pads: Yes, they come with isolation pads included.
- Weight: It weighs around 12 lbs.
- You can only imagine what else you can customize next with these computer speakers.
- The speaker provides studio-grade sound quality.
- The price is a tad bit high for an average budget.
- The bass is good for the average listener but not great for bass enthusiasts.
6. Edifier R1700BT
The Edifier R1700BT comes yet again from the Edifier series to bring to you a more aesthetic looking set of speakers with wireless connectivity. The speakers are a mix of a wooden and plastic build. It comes with a 0.75 inches silk tweeter in one speaker while the other hosts a 4 inches bass radiator. They are specially designed to be kept on the shelf. There are three ways to connect to your devices. The three knobs for controls are given on the side of the right speaker. One for bass, one for treble and the last for the master volume. It also comes with a controller with 5 buttons. The computer speakers offer a very soothing range of music. The mids and highs tend to blend in easily while the lowest of lows are very weak.
- Design: The design of the speaker set is pretty formal. Both the speakers are different looking with a slanted front and a vertical back and an overall brick-like structure. The surface is wooden and polished.
- Connectivity: It has RCA, aux and Bluetooth connections available.
- Sound: The mids and highs are all well but the lows are not satisfactory.
- Output Power: The output power is up to 66 Watt.
- Frequency Response: The range is from 30 to 20000 Hz.
- Voltage: AC 100/230 V
- Dimensions: 6.1 x 8.4 x 10 inches
- Weight: 14.55 lbs
- You will experience a good balance across the range.
- The speakers look great.
- The low ends are weak.
- The grilles tend to ruin the wooden finishing.
5. Harman Kardon SoundSticks III
The Harman Kardon SoundSticks III is one of the most veterans among the computer speakers on this list. It has a transparent build. It comes in with two satellites and one subwoofer. The woofer is faced to the bottom with a narrowed funnel-like tube towards the top. The Satellites are each equipped with 4 drivers. The mids, highs, and lows are excellent. The bass knob is set on the subwoofer itself. However, the Bluetooth is not up to the mark. The knob placement has made the placement difficult for the users on an average scale. Some control buttons are placed on the right sound stick. You can connect two devices at the same time.
- Design: The speakers come in a set of threes. Two are Soundsticks or satellites while the other one is a subwoofer. The sticks are long pickle shaped while the subwoofer looks like a cube with curved and rounded edges.
- Connectivity: It uses both Bluetooth and 2.1 sound system.
- Sound: The sound quality has little to no complaints with neither highs, mids or lows.
- Dimensions: 10 x 1.5 x 2 inches for satellites, 10.2 x 4.9 x 9.1 inches.
- Frequency Response: It ranges from 44 to 20000 Hz.
- Power Output: 40 Watt
- Weight: It weighs about 1.5 lbs for satellites and 4.9 lbs for the subwoofer.
- You will experience an all over harmony among the scales and thus excellent audio output.
- The design is unique and classic.
- You will find no external jacks to connect.
- The controls placement makes its positioning difficult.
Check this out if you want to see more about Harman Kardon SoundSticks III
4. Razer Leviathan Gaming Sound Bar
The Razer Leviathan Gaming Sound Bar is one of the best speaker-sets out there in the market. Razer always comes in the market with a unique buildup of products. This set of speakers is not an exception. Like always, it has been able to make the differentiation by including NFC and Optical connectivity besides the traditional connections. The tweeter sits on the satellite which is preferred to be used by placing it horizontally. The sound quality is overall good with the bass not being monstrously impressing.
- Design: The design of the speakers is complex making the dimension measurement difficult. It comes in a pair; a satellite and a subwoofer. The subwoofer looks like a big black ice cube while the satellite looks like a curved black bar.
- Connectivity: It has a wide range of connectivity starting from aux cables, Optical, Bluetooth to NFC too.
- Sound: The sound quality is overall good. The mids and highs are really good.
- Frequency Response: It has a range from 20 to 20,000 Hz.
- Output Power: It can provide up to 60 Watts.
- Transmission range: It can connect up to 33 ft.
- Weight: 4.4 lbs for satellites, 5.2 lbs for subwoofers.
- You can connect the device with aux, Bluetooth 4.0 and even optical and NFC.
- The price tag is decent considering the product is manufactured by Razer.
- The bass is not very impressive.
- Another problem you might be facing is the wide range of variation in the power cables that might not fit the sockets in your house.
Check this out to see more info about Razer Leviathan
3. Audioengine A5+
The Audioengine A5+ is one of the best computer speakers out there. The reason why it has come to be on this list of top 10 best computer speakers is very obviously due to the mind-blowing bass backup it can provide. Be it for gaming or pumping up some trap music or EDM, this pair of speakers will keep up with the bass juice you need. The speakers are bigger in size than the rest. Both the satellites are equipped with tweeters and bass radiators. The color they come in is a black matte finish. The right satellite has all the setup ports. The sound is as always clear. The background and the vocals can be easily distinguished.
- Design: These pair of humongous speakers are two brick-shaped satellites that sit on the base vertically. The bass radiators and tweeters are front-facing.
- Connectivity: The speakers provide both Bluetooth, aux and RCA connections.
- Sound: The overall sound is more than excellent and the bass is worth the praise.
- Power Source: It can be used to charge your USB devices too.
- Dimensions: 7.1 x 7.9 x 10.6 inches
- Weight: One weighs about 15.4 lbs and the other 9.7 lbs.
- Output Power: The usual to be expected is 50 Watt
- Max (RMS) Output Power: It has a maximum of 75 Watt
- Frequency Response: It ranges from 50 to 22000 Hz.
- You can use the speakers to charge USB devices.
- The bass is very loud along with phenomenal features.
- The price is too over the budget for most people.
- The controls are very limited.
2. Aperion Allaire
The Aperion Allaire is one of the best looking and most impressive sounding speakers. Not only that, they have an impressive size and look to come with. They sit vertically on the even base. They come with a magnetic grille so that there are no pins to risk breakage.
This pair of computer speakers is here to impress your ears with their crystal-clear surround sound effect. They are equipped with 1” tweeters and 4” amplifiers made out of fiberglass to avoid any sort of distortion. Not only that, the highs and mids are very nicely complemented. Regarding the bass, it is more than what you can expect from a speaker of the category. Although the bass is not simply among the best of the best, it will not let you down. Either you get the music you want or you clearly get the numbing effect. It also comes with an IR remote.
- Design: The speaker pair comes in a rectangular brick shape. Both the satellites have different features and they come in a white rubbery finish.
- Connectivity: It uses Bluetooth 4.0
- Sound: The sound quality is more than impressive with a harmonic mid, high and a bit less impressive low.
- Weight: 8.0 lbs
- Dimensions: 8 5/8″ x 6″ x 6 3/4″ inches
- Frequency Response: It ranges from 60 to 25000 Hz.
- You will love the design and the color of the speakers.
- The speakers have very less wiring.
- The Bluetooth volume reaches the max limit easily.
- The Remote has only one source button which means a lot of repeated tapping.
1. Bose Companion 5
The Bose Companion 5 is the best in the list due to its impressive design, compact size, wide soundstage and an overwhelming bass. The subwoofer sits horizontally on the base while the horizontal tweeters in both satellites stand on a lamp like a stand. The satellites are both equipped with 2 inches drivers. The Acoustimass subwoofer boasts a size of 5.25 inches. The speakers come with a wired pod that enables volume and muting options along with a microphone port. Not only that, the bass adjustment can be made using the puck given at the back of the subwoofer. The soundstage is wide, enabling a very clear stereo effect. The bass is more than you can take. It is recommended for larger rooms. The mids and highs are very enticing.
- Design: The computer speakers come in a set of threes. The satellites are two in number and look like lamp stands while the subwoofer looks like an oversized rectangular bar.
- Connectivity: It uses a simple 2.0 USB sound system.
- Sound: The audio playback is very overwhelming including excellent mid and highs with an extremely overpowered bass.
- Weight: 1.9 lbs for the satellites while 18.3 lbs for the subwoofers.
- Dimensions: 5.8 x 8.9 x 3.8 inches for satellites while the subwoofer measures 6.8 x 8.6 x 16.7 inches.
- You will find the best sound quality be it for gaming or for music purposes.
- The wired pod enables a whole bunch of controls.
- The bass is too loud for a small room.
- There is only one connection.
In the end, all that can be said is that all these speakers do lag behind in a respective field or two but still have a whole of variation that makes them unique in the market. Not only that, some of them even belong to studio class equipment and have pure gaming dedicated features. This makes each of them very unique on a usual scale. Starting from NFC to having overwhelming bass and impressive sound-enhancing features, these speakers have it all. They have been ranked in order of the compatibility and sound quality, and we are sure you can find something to suit your needs in our list.