For runners, listening to songs is a favorite part of their day while using Bluetooth Headphones for Running. As technology advances, headphones keep evolving to suit more to your comfort and usage for a better user experience. Thus, to remove the hassle of untangling headphone wires, Bluetooth headphones are just the thing that you should be looking for. These are undoubtedly for the comfort seekers and the impatient UN-tangles since it saves you the hassle of dealing with wires. Moreover, since the music plays on Bluetooth, the sound delivery is in most cases very accurate.
If you are a runner who has to face the hassle of fixing headphones every now and then while running, simply switch to wireless headphones. They are engineered to hold on to your ears and give the best music experience ever. Now let’s take a look at the ten best headphones for running in 2019.
- 1 Reviews of the Top 10 Best Bluetooth Headphones for Running in 2019
- 1.1 10. JBL Under Armour Wireless Headphones
- 1.2 9. Urbanears Stadion Active Wireless Bluetooth Headset, Trail (04091870)
- 1.3 8. Plantronics BackBeat Fit Wireless Headphones
- 1.4 7. Urbanears Hellas On-Ear Active Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- 1.5 6. Aftershokz AS600SG Trekz Titanium Open Ear Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones
- 1.6 5. Powerbeats3 Wireless In-Ear Headphones – Black
- 1.7 4. Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones
- 1.8 3. BeatsX Wireless In-Ear Headphones
- 1.9 2. Jaybird RUN True Wireless Headphones for Running
- 1.10 1. Bose SoundSport Free Truly Wireless Sport Headphones
- 2 Conclusion
Reviews of the Top 10 Best Bluetooth Headphones for Running in 2019
10. JBL Under Armour Wireless Headphones
Just when you think to yourself that you need headphones while running for the best music experience, Under Armour comes to your doorstep. Dropping the best Bluetooth headphones for running in collaboration with quality from one of the best electronic sound devices maker, JBL. With the fusion of design from UA, one of the best sports-based clothing company and the quality control of JBL, the JBL Under Armour Wireless headphones might just be the thing you need. The specs are given below.
Design: Firm and greatly fits in your ears.
Connectivity: Easy to connect to phones.
Sound: Rich powerful bass.
Battery Life: 8 hours
Sweatproof: The name says it all.
- You will love the way it stays in your ears.
- It is sweatproof and water resistant.
- The sound quality deteriorates in case of music with lower pitch.
- The middle button cannot be felt easily, goes unnoticed and thus is hard to press.
9. Urbanears Stadion Active Wireless Bluetooth Headset, Trail (04091870)
As the name suggests, Urbanears range of headphones has been made for runners in the urban environment. The headphones have a design to fit the description of your everyday music companion without any hassle and with great satisfaction. The pair of headphones can be put under the criteria of mid ranged headphones, both price and quality wise. Despite the price tag, it comes with, the Urbanears Stadion Active wireless Bluetooth headset has a long way to go for catching up with the quality and richness of the sound. The specs are:
Lightweight: The headsets are very lightweight.
Design: U shaped design for attaching to the back of the head.
Stretchy Coils: These coils help to attach more firmly to your head while running.
SPL: 115dB (Max)
Battery life: 7 hours
Button Placement: The buttons are placed on the neck.
- Really lightweight and earpads are designed to adjust to the sound around the runner in the urban area.
- The coiled wire removes any hassles related to dangling wires.
- The headphones offer a good fit but still don’t seal off external sounds completely. They also do not have rich bass support for the bass enthusiasts.
- Call quality is not satisfactory.
8. Plantronics BackBeat Fit Wireless Headphones
The name might lock in a lot of attention but it has more to offer than what a headphone can. More than often, it has been able to surprise reviewers with it insane durability and its rather tough cookie like design as a pair of Bluetooth headphones for running. Packed with silicone wires, these are the best headphones when it comes to durability. The specs of this miniature tank are:
Design: It has a lightweight silvery look with a flexible rubbery silicone wiring.
Dimensions: 24 x 0.5 x 1.2 inches
Weight: 0.8 ounces
Battery life: 8 hours
Call Quality: Excellent
Durability: With IP57 rating, it is the most durable the market can offer.
- The most durable, from getting rubbed on uneven surfaces to staying in one piece under high pressure.
- The headphone has a great 7-hour battery life with a 14 hour of standby mode duration.
- Sound quality is not up to the mark for bass depth.
- Connection drops frequently after initial usage of several months.
See the Full Review of Plantronics BackBeat Fit Wireless Headphones
7. Urbanears Hellas On-Ear Active Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
When it comes to fitness freaks who love on-ear headphones, Urbanears Hellas is your way to go. With the features it packs, it has made putting on your foamy headphone with a headband the best music accessory for the runner inside you. The features it provides are:
Design: The perfect size for workout sessions and free running along with a lightweight package
Battery life: An astounding battery life of 14 hours.
Buttons: Built-in swipe interface
Input Power: 50 mW
- Ear cushions get stinky in case of other headphones but for Hellas, it is easier than you can guess. They are disposable and so whenever they start to smell, just put them in the wash.
- It has an impressive battery life of 14 hours.
- The sound does not have good bass covers on high scales.
- Oversensitive touch controls.
6. Aftershokz AS600SG Trekz Titanium Open Ear Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones
If you are looking for a way to cycle through the city on a busy street with your headphones on, Trekz Titanium is the thing. The reason is that the bone conduction technology it has packed inside its titanium alloy rubber coated headphones enables you to avoid isolation from the surroundings. The features it packs are:
Design: The headphone is very lightweight with a rubber coating.
Bone Conduction: It sends sound waves through your cheekbones to your ears.
Battery life: 6+ hours of battery life
Durability: It has an IP55 approval with sweatproof technology.
LeakSlayer Technology: This enables sound leakage in the surroundings.
Call Quality: Dual noise cancelling mic.
- Bone conduction technology keeps your hearing senses on the street while enjoying music.
- Preset equalizer to boost sound quality.
- Prolonged use causes discomfort.
- Despite the LeakSlayer technology, sound pollution occurs.
5. Powerbeats3 Wireless In-Ear Headphones – Black
If bass enthusiasts or music fans are to look for the extra bass boost of ulterior quality or simply like to keep it in sync with their iOS devices, Powerbeats3 by Dr.Dre is a one-stop solution for them. Powerbeats packs the strongest of bass support along with a water resistant and comfortable fit for your ears in a pair of Bluetooth headphones for running. It also has an advantageous Apple W1 chip which enables instant pairing and maneuvering among Apple devices. The specs of this bass monster headphones are:
Ulterior bass: It has a tremendous bass support, the signature quality of Beats.
Battery: More than 12 hours
Comfort: It has a hook-like structure that can be adjusted according to ear size.
Apple W1 Chip: This enables Apple users to connect by enabling pairing options or holding them close enough to the device.
Long Range Connectivity: Connectivity up to 100ft and 75ft with obstacles in the linear range.
- Easily connected with Apple devices for Apple W1 Chip
- Impressive battery life and astounding music quality.
- Too pricey even by wireless standards
- Too bass oriented and loud for mid and low lovers.
4. Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones
When it comes to buying a pair of headphones or speakers, Bose has a special place in the hearts of music lovers. Another example of why this loyalty still sustains is the Bose SoundSport Wireless headphones. It is extremely comfortable and fitting along with probably not the best but the most optimum features among its price range. The specs of this tech beauty are-
Dimensions: 1.1 x 1 x 1.1 inches
Weight: 0.8 ounces
StayHear+ Fit: Regardless of the size, the headphones stay in place.
Durability: It is sweat and water resistant.
NFC Compatible: Compatible with NFC along with Bluetooth primarily.
Battery life: 6 hours and 45 minutes
- Offers the best fit.
- Optimum sound quality for the price.
- Chunky ear tips.
- Short battery life.
3. BeatsX Wireless In-Ear Headphones
Another trustworthy pair of headphones in the current market by Beats is the BeatsX Wireless headphones. If you are looking for a cheap, comfortable pair of Bluetooth headphones for running with a really good quality and sound backup, BeatsX is what you should be looking for. Not to mention, the advantage of fast charging and connection for Apple users. It has been reported to give almost no ear soreness even after prolonged use. The specs are:
Design: Eartips are very lightweight.
Apple W1 Chip: Enables fast connection to Apple devices.
Lightning port: Enables fast charging.
Battery life: 6-7 solid hours
Magnetic ear tips: Helps avoid tangling of wires.
- Easily connects to Apple devices and fast charging via Lightning
- No connection drops and easy connectivity.
- Sound quality is balanced but not intensified.
- Imbalanced design and long wires.
2. Jaybird RUN True Wireless Headphones for Running
The first truly wireless headphones from Jaybird is the Jaybird RUN headphones. They are clearly a preference in the market due to the fitting design. It also lacks a lot of charge and customization. They have a very good fit but still, lack connections in between the earpieces. This tiny pair of headphones still has a lot to offer for you as a listener. The specs of Jaybird are:
Design: They are truly wireless making them almost free of any wires.
Battery life: 8 hours.
Fast Charging: 5 minutes accounts for an hour of charge.
Built-in app: The built-in app is designed for enhanced sound quality.
Durability: It is sweat proof and water resistant.
- The ear tips are probably never getting out.
- Quick Charging features.
- The connections are jittery.
- Sound quality is okay compared to the price.
1. Bose SoundSport Free Truly Wireless Sport Headphones
Although there are other true wireless headphones in the market, Bose is still one of the best wireless headphones makers. They are undoubtedly the best since they deliver superior sound at a reasonable price compared to competitors like Apple. Bose SoundSport is a fun to use and a compatible pair of headphones for running. They are currently revered as the best pair of headphones for running. The specs are given below:
Design: These are truly wireless and are thus made to provide the best comfort.
StayFit+: This enables a better hold on your ears while running.
Find my Buds: The Bose Connect app enables to find out buds when they are out of sight.
Battery life: A total of 5 hours in primary and 3-4 hours in alternative ones.
Built-in App: The Bose Connect app enables nicknaming and connecting easy.
Improved Bass: The bass quality is amplified for runners with a fetish for bass boosts.
Uniform Sound: The mid and lows of the headphones are uniform and good but still needs more intensification for ultimate satisfaction.
- They are very durable.
- It has an interactive app for finding the app, nicknaming and easy connection.
- They do no support aptX and thus create an audio-visual lag.
- The buds may lose connection now and then.
In the end, this list features a range of Bluetooth headphones for running purposes. For mid-range buyers, the BeatsX, Bose SoundSport Wireless and Urbanears are appreciable as Bluetooth headphones for running. The best of Bluetooth headphones, that is, The Jaybird RUN and the Bose SoundSport headphones totally take the lead despite setup and connection issues. On the other hand, Aftershokz clearly takes the lead with a different target market where bone conduction made the differentiation. Similarly, Urbanears Hellas on-ear headphones is an exception in the market of Bluetooth headphones for running. All in all, they each serve to meet different needs.