Top 10 Best Bench Grinders in 2021
In simple terms, a bench grinder is a benchtop kind of grinding equipment extensively used to drive abrasive wheels. Generally, such types of grinder tools are widely used to hand grind different cutting tools and accomplish other rough grinding tasks. In certain cases, there may be a requirement to roughly shape metal before fitting or welding. Also, there may be a need for sharpening cutting tools like drill bits, tool bits, gouges, and chisels. For all these needs, the bench grinders are highly effective and versatile.
In such grinder tools, a wire brush wheel or buffing wheels could be exchanged with the grinding wheels with a view to cleaning or polishing workpieces. The power and size you require in a grinder depend largely on the type of projects you intend to use the grinder for. Moreover, the types of grinding wheels also play a prominent role while deciding about the purchase. Furthermore, it is crucial to emphasis on quality construction to make sure durability and safety are not compromised. Go through these bench grinders to make a smart purchase decision.
Review of Best Bench Grinders
10. RIKON Power Tools 1725 RPM Bench Grinder
The appreciation of the flawless working of this RIKON Power Tools bench grinder goes to its efficient motor. There is a massive size motor capable to tackle the tough grinding jobs in an easy way. These types of motors are extensively used in production shops and for sharpening of hand tools. The tool rests on this equipment are made extra large and flat also, they are devoid of a drill bit sharpening groove. To add to the durability, the wheel flanges are made up of cast metal. With a view to effectively discard the collected debris, the grinder contains dual dust collection ports on the back part of the wheel guards.
- The presence of rubber feet on the cast iron base on these RIKON bench grinders reduces vibration.
- There are metal wheel guards to enhance protection.
- Provision of the LED work light allows you to operate the grinder in dark.
9. Jet 578008 1 hp 8 Industrial Bench Grinder
This industrial grade bench grinder is capable to withstand the high volume needs of any hectic shops. Being a high-quality machine, it would perfectly grind, sharpen and smooth with great accuracy. Throughout the operation, there would be no vibrations so no disturbance. Both wheels included at the base run smoothly to make sure they are effective when needed. The pre-drilled bases are useful for mounting this grinder or even work on benches.
- High performance through its heavy-duty capacitor motor.
- The corresponding sealed bearings facilitate maintenance-free grinding.
- Excellent protection is through the adjustable safety shields.
- To meet grinding needs for different applications, the machine comes with the fine and coarse vitrified grinding wheels.
8. SKIL 3380-01 6-Inch Bench Grinder
The key specialties of this 6-inch bench grinder are its drill bits, smooth roughened chisel edges, and knives. Based on your need, you may grind down welded joints and rivets or even polish any surfaces. The inclusion of the medium and coarse wheels is suitable for versatile grinding. To convey high grinding accuracy, there is a LED work light and also a tool rest for every wheel. For hassle-free mounting on a benchtop, the grinder is a solid cast-iron base along with rubber feet for maintaining the stability.
- The safety feature includes include eye shields.
- In these 3380-01 bench grinders, there is a 2.1 Amp motor in each of them and it runs at 3,450 RPM.
- To work in dark conditions, there are built-In LED work lights on both wheels.
7. Rikon Professional Power Tools, Slow Speed Bench Grinder
Being sturdy in construction and safe to use, this slow speed bench grinder is the preferred choice among customers. Basically, this model of grinder is constructed from cast iron. Excellent stability is conveyed through its anti-vibration rubber feet so there would be no errors due to vibrations. With the assistance of the powerful ½ hp motor working at 1750 RPM, this grinder has adequate power for small workshops. Generally, this slow speed bench grinder is extensively used by carpenters, carvers, turners, and other people working with hand tools.
- The spark resistors and the adjustable safety eye shield let you feel safe.
- For sharpening of drill bits, there is the presence of a groove in the design.
- The diamond wheel sharpener is perfect for accomplishing sharpening operations because it decreases heat build-up.
6. Shop Fox W1840 Variable-Speed Grinder
Shop Fox prepared this variable speed grinder to deliver high torque, and low-speed sanding and polishing. This is possible with a 24″ belt sander attachment. In fact, for many different grinding applications, these W1840 bench grinders are preferred choice. A directional LED work light is included to let you work in a dark environment.
- This 8-inch grinder features a 3/4 HP induction motor working at varied speed.
- High grinding efficiency conveys through its dual 8″ aluminum-oxide grinding wheels.
- The motor speed is in the range of 2000 – 3400 RPM.
5. DEWALT DW758 8-Inch Bench Grinder
DEWALT is a prevalent brand name when you need to purchase mechanical tools. All the tools and accessories from DEWALT would aptly fulfill your requirements and make your investment worthy. Especially, the DW758 bench grinder possesses an efficient 3/4 HP induction motor for different industrial grinding applications. The rugged cast iron base is suitable to enhance durability.
- The high-speed material removal enables the 3,600 RPM induction motor.
- Its precision-machined aluminum tool rests enable the user to precisely position work.
- There is a 12-1/2-inch distance amid the wheels for big grinding applications.
4. JET 577102 JBG-8A 8-Inch Bench Grinder
Sufficient work power and superb finish are provided by this cast iron JET bench grinder. It is exceptionally built to sustain the high-volume needs of shops. In simple terms, this superior quality machine grinds would smooth and sharpens with high accuracy. Additionally, in the pack, you will get this bench grinder, hardware, two 8-inch wheels, and assembly instructions. Actually, this 8-inch grinder is suitable for industrial grade use.
- These 8-inch bench grinders would mount on rubber foot to avert undesired movement. Moreover, the rubber foot can bolt down if high stability is desired.
- There are pre-lubricated, enclosed ball bearings.
- Supreme protection against external conditions is provided through its dust vents and cast iron wheel guards.
3. ATD Tools 10558 8″ 3/4 HP Bench Grinder
There are ample of accessories included in the pack of this 8-inch bench grinder to make sure you use them when needed. In the pack, you will get 2 different grinding wheels –medium grit and coarse grit. So, both these grinding wheels are suitable for many different applications. High level of protection is by its spark guards and metal tool rests. With the base of pre-cast holes to allow you to mount this grinder perfectly.
- There are no chances of inefficiency because this ¾ HP grinder has heavy-duty ball bearing motor.
- Its flexible work light is suitable for enhanced visibility.
- The switch is dustproof and the grinder also contains cooling tray.
2. DEWALT DW756 6-Inch Bench Grinder
The DW756 tool from DEWALT possesses an industrial cast iron base and there is a motor housing to provide high durability. Among the wheels, there is a 12-1/2-inch distance for suiting large grinding applications. In order to precisely position work, the adjustable aluminum tool rest is precision-machined. Smooth operation through the rear exhaust ports within the wheel guards.
- The working of this 6-inch bench grinder from DEWALT is based on 5/8 hp induction motor to offer the heavy-duty grinding operations.
- For high-speed material exclusion, the motor operates at 3,450 RPM.
1. WEN 4276 2.1-Amp 6-Inch Bench Grinder
Generally, woodworkers have suffered from the hassles of a bench grinder getting jostled and skewed on normal surfaces. This is commonly due to the profound vibrations generated by the grinder. However, when you go for this WEN 2.1A working grinder, you will get a pedestal stand. Thus, this stand removes the concerns by offering an independent surface to attach to your grinder. Names of different operations it can accomplish are cleaning objects, sharpening blades, deburring rough edges, etc.
- There are two wheels included -a 60-grit wheel useful for general purpose grinding whereas the second wheel is a course 36-grit wheel useful for quick material removal.
- The built-in 2.1A motor works silently and it delivers smooth performance as well as instant startups.
For light or heavy grinding, these bench grinders are highly beneficial and versatile too. Lastly, the credit of their excellent working goes to their powerful motor and wheels that make the process simple.